• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Subaru Buildup

So... hows the progress on this beast???

runs and drives

Ive mounted the engine and transaxle Transverse mid ship , so I need to weld up the Spider gears in the transaxle, the transaxle will now act as a tranny and transfercase combined, Ive installed a 91 legacy rear diff up front its a 4.11 the driveshafts rotate opisite of normal so the front diff and rear toyota tacoma rearend have been flipped , friday was the first time I had it out, things learned: weld up the spiders, the engine puts out a bunch o heat so it needs a insulated cover, 90 to 1 crawl ratio is awesome , I plan to get a set of 32 x 950 TSLS in a month , also looking for a Locker for the rearend,

http://www.youtube.com/user/bruceraper#p/a/u/2/doU-zXnfNxU

July2010943.jpg

Not only do you wheel a subaru but your tow rig is a legacy... Gangsta

the stock car weighs in at 2500 lbs, I figure when its done it will be under 3000 Lbs, building this I keep in mind " ATV " keep it simple, light ,and dont add weight but remove it , low gears , good flex, good aproach and departure, good clearence, make a slick belly pan, using the Stock Soobie transaxle as a built in transfercase keeps it light and simple also this whole build is very cheep , the tires and rearend are the big costs the rest is just junk car parts and fabrication,

Nice work Scott. Can't wait to find the time to go wheeling with you folks again.

last night I removed and axle off the Toyota Taco Rear the wheel bearing was shot, Ive never had one apart, figured out how it went, I checked an old 2WD rear I had and to my wonderful surprize the bearing and housing were the same so I swappped them out with the help of a press and now I have good wheel bearings WOOO hOO ,

tonight I removed the Diff and welded it up , so were gettin ready , will be takin it out again on the 16th of Oct to Walker Valley with a few other Soobies

last night I removed and axle off the Toyota Taco Rear the wheel bearing was shot, Ive never had one apart, figured out how it went, I checked an old 2WD rear I had and to my wonderful surprize the bearing and housing were the same so I swappped them out with the help of a press and now I have good wheel bearings WOOO hOO ,

tonight I removed the Diff and welded it up , so were gettin ready , will be takin it out again on the 16th of Oct to Walker Valley with a few other Soobies
What did you use for a welder ?

Latest posts