• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SUPER spicy

LightBnDr

Anybody here have a super spicy pallet that craves the heat?

I have discovered a love affair with extremely hot peppers. I'm not a huge salsa guy or a hot sauce guy really.

I love fresh peppers in my food. Local family grows Carolina reapers and Scorpion peppers. I find myself twitching like a crack fiend during the off season when there is no fresh crop. Lol

Anybody else love them some serious heat?

Share some home brewed meals you like

I grill nice fatty burgers every Friday night. My standard recipe is half a reaper per 1 pound of 73% beef. Honey habanero bbq lightly in the patty, smidge of salt pepper garlic and an occasional werstishire dribble. Topped with a fried egg, honey habanero bbq and cheese.

I buy 3-4 reapers and scorpions at one time from a local farm family then finely dice them core, seeds and all. Then separate them into their own plastic bags and freeze them.

When I build my patties on Friday nights I will mix my baby pepper shave-lets into my patties.

I ran out about 2 months ago and now my jaw is wigglin side to side, cops look at me funny at the gas station. I'm jonesin hard

I posted this up while drinkin a beer at the grill last night laughing at the 3 jalapeños I mixed up along with half a bottle of dehydrated reaper dust just hoping I could be uncomfortable at the dinner table. Lol

Anyway, pointless thread maybe but dang I love me some heat

Boulderdash said:
I like hot peppers, but not reaper hot!

X2 I love heat, I eat hot sauce or cayenne pepper on everything. But anything hotter than a habanero is just fire, no flavor to me. I probably have over 20 different hot sauces. My favorite is habanero and carrots with vinegar, sounds weird I know but its delicious.

If it's got good flavor I'll try it but if it's just heat for hots sake **** that. Also whoever came up with putting an egg on a burger needs to be shot.

jeeptj99 said:
Also whoever came up with putting an egg on a burger needs to be shot.

You can shoot him all you want, won't stop me from putting one on there and leaving it a little bit runny makes it even better.

jeeptj99 said:
If it's got good flavor I'll try it but if it's just heat for hots sake **** that. Also whoever came up with putting an egg on a burger needs to be shot.

Same for bbq sauce.....no place for that on a burger.

SUPER spicy

Mmm Friday night burgers. Lol

Truth be told reapers and scorpions truly have terrible flavor. They can ruin a salsa or a sauce REAL quick if you get silly.

Just like when a craft brewer tries to make a 12oz beer with 11% alcohol, it tastes like hair spray.

The scorpions have just a smidge better flavor and rival the reaper in heat. So I'd say those are my favorite

But OMG, slightly sloppy over easy almost medium fresh bantam eggs out of the coop the day before, holy smokes, good stuff

Ooh and just to share a goof with you guys. After I froze a bag of reapers one time I didn't think that "half a pepper" was any different than "half a pepper's" worth of reaper mixed with core and seeds was any different. Lol

It was the first time that I begged my wife for the gallon of milk from the fridge. I was in legitimate pain.

I don't like runny eggs. Christmas morning dad was cooking breakfast for us all and his eggs looked like someone cracked a yoke on his plate. I wanted to puke.

Re: SUPER spicy

LightBnDr said:
It was the first time that I begged my wife for the gallon of milk from the fridge. I was in legitimate pain.

Redi Whip is better at killing the heat.

So I haven't researched it but since I really started to crave heat, maybe 10yrs or so, I find everything on a menu is super weak.

Like the general public has changed their threshold of spicy to please don't hurt me.

I have noticed it with everything you buy off the shelf too.

I have bought every interesting salsa from the local shop. Every label that says Habanero, Ghost pepper, Scorpion death, Carolina reaper etc. yet it's like they only rubbed the outside of the jar with the pepper but never made it inside. Lol

Anyway, I don't know if it's my pallet or tolerance has changed or if general population of pepper eaters don't really want spicy?

Food for thought

I have no interest in the peppers themselves, I don't like the texture, mostly. But I do like hot salsa and at Hooters I'll get my wings naked with 3 mile sauce on the side. I found if I dip the wings in the sauce, yeah it is hot, but you can eat it. But if the wings have been soaking in it all day, you can't eat the ****in things without consuming $178 worth of beer to put the fire out.