• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Super Swamper LTB's?

Alpine4x4

Well im looking for a good offroad tire. Streetability dont really matter...this is on my DD rig but only for the winter(swampers good in winter:flipoff: ) cuz i got a moto bike. IM looking for something in the 33-34" size...id rather not re-gear since i dont have the money to do it. I was looking at the TSL radial in 33x12.50 but since my last outing im NEVER buying radial swampers again. Rubber is too hard and just chunks to pieces. Under 1k miles on this tire and this happens going up hard pack DIRT:mad:
IMGA0279.jpg

IMGA0278.jpg

SO i was looking at the LTB since its a more aggressive TSl design, its rated at 34"x10.5 but measures out to 33.7"x9.25. Its either these or swamper TSL bias.. where the 33x12.5 measure out to 33.7x10.2". Theyre pretty close and the LTBS are more aggressive and alot cheaper. Any body got experience with these tires? Any problems? ANy other recomendations? Just want some opinions from some real wheelers...dno if ill find any here:flipoff: Thanks!:beer:

I've got the LTB's with those same chunks missing. Also you can air down to about 5 psi and you can't really see the difference,pretty stiff sidewall.But they are cheap

How many miles you got on the LTB's though. I epxect chunkig but this tire is virtually brand new and it was its second time in the dirt...and it was on dirt!

HillbillyPlumber said:
5 or 6 hundred maybe, and they're not quite that bad. Oh yeah they totally suck in the deep snow. too narrow I think
Ya that tire shredded. Its all ripped up all the way aorund (thats the worst part) but its just destroyed. Mine seemed to do fine in the deep snow (i got radial TSL's 33x10.5)but not on 3" or less. I just dont want them to rip to shreds if im playing around on some rocks since this happend and compact dirt....

4 wheel parts has an "unconditional" warranty when you buy tires. Make sure you get it in writing with a managers signature before you leave with the tires though.

KarlVP said:
4 wheel parts has an "unconditional" warranty when you buy tires. Make sure you get it in writing with a managers signature before you leave with the tires though.
Sounds good since thats where i was planning on buying em. Schwab wants $160 per tire:wtf:

Alpine4x4 said:
I was gonna have 4wp ship em to me. Its 599.95 to town and then like $40 for schwab to mount and balance all 4...not bad.

Yeah, best deal. Make sure you get that warranty signed with a name. That way if you have to take one back, you can tell them who you talked to.

I ran the 33" LTB for a while. Seemed to be a pretty good tire. They are a pretty soft compound, so not sure how long of tread life you will get out of them. They also seemed to flat spot badly at low psi. Would take 15-20 minutes till the flat spots disappeard.

What psi were you running when you chunked your tires? Do you rub anywhere in the wheel well or on the springs?

i bought a set of 31" LTBs for my toyota, they werent bad tires for the money and grip like no other off-road. before i took them off and stepped up to 34s, i had put probably 5000 miles on them and they were still at 85-90% tread.

the 34s i put on shake like crazy, but i bought them mounted from somebody and it looks like they don't have balance weights on the outer lip of the rim, so they might just need a balance. i might sell them either way, im looking to get rid of my "nice" truck and fix up the '79 to make it streetable again.

Ya driveability dont really matter too much. My radials shake and they are unbalanced as well. Sounds like its a good off-roading tire...wich is just what i need.

Alpine4x4 said:
I was gonna have 4wp ship em to me. Its 599.95 to town and then like $40 for schwab to mount and balance all 4...not bad.

So what your telling me is that you can get them for $600, and pay 40 bucks to mount them = 640,,,, and have to get the name and everything in writing about the warranty, that they may or may not cover... Or you could pay 160 a tire times 4 = 640 for getting them thru Les who will stand behind there warranty? Hmmmmm that a pretty big savings, I would Jump on it.... That damn Les Schwab, next thing you know they might even charge to fix a flat, not that they HAVE ever charged me, even on tires that came on my truck when I bought it, that they never even sold me....

Thats $160 a tire and then they want freight, mounting, and balancing...and they always try and charge me for new stems....great deal.

lol So sorry for your Schwab store, got to say they treat me like gold over here...:;

Honestly I have a set of 34" ltb's, and I had them balanced. I drove them all winter, and they worked great for me. No shakes, very little wear, and what a kick ass price. I wheeled them about five times around Reiter, they hooked up everywhere I needed to go. They are absolutely a great tire, I was very impressed with their performance.

BTW, where I am from, it usually gets 4'-7' of snow a year, and it is a known fact that narrow tires are better for snow. Maybe it is just the type of snow we had.