• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Superswamper sx

That thread would be great if they talked about how they performed on a rzr. I'm looking at buying a set but would like to know how they perform before i pull the trigger.

bouncerlife said:
That thread would be great if they talked about how they performed on a rzr. I'm looking at buying a set but would like to know how they perform before i pull the trigger.

Look at the SRRS sxs Cable Hill runs, the first Gayzr to ever climb a wet CH was on them. That'd be enough info for me :****:

I would try them on my turbo, but 28.5"? what a dumb size. I run 31s and wouldn't want anything smaller than what comes on them. Guess you can run the regular sx truck tire in a 30 or 31 but would be heavy and a non sticky. seems they need more sizes, some west coast dudes run 33 bfgs. Im sure any sticky will kill axles though esp with a turbo and in a 31 :****: I ran 31-10.50 iroks on my last 1K and they were great, I was tired of killing sidewalls in utv tires.

Marty said:
I would try them on my turbo, but 28.5"? what a dumb size. I run 31s and wouldn't want anything smaller than what comes on them. Guess you can run the regular sx truck tire in a 30 or 31 but would be heavy and a non sticky. seems they need more sizes, some west coast dudes run 33 bfgs. Im sure any sticky will kill axles though esp with a turbo and in a 31 :****: I ran 31-10.50 iroks on my last 1K and they were great, I was tired of killing sidewalls in utv tires.

I don't think the swampers run much if any heavier than most of the 8 ply utv tires in the 30-31" range. I don't remember exact numbers, but read comparisons between all the major heavier 8 ply utv tires vs swampers regarding weight and they all were pretty close.

The thing most ppl don't understand is an 8 ply in a utv tire isn't the same as the ply rating in the truck tire world. As I understand it, there is no standard by which a ply is measured in a utv tire, unlike truck tires. This is where the weight difference comes in and how you can have a 30" ITP Blackwater Evo 8 ply tire that is significantly lighter but yet the same size as my 30" EFX Motoclaw 8 ply tires. The Motoclaws are some of the toughest 8 ply utv tires out and just so happens they are heavy.....that extra weight comes from thicker TOUGHER plies in the tire than the ITP Blackwater.

You are right, sx is not that heavy. Looks like my 31 EFX motohammers are about 41 lbs, so heavier than the sticky sx by a couple lbs. To make up for it, I try to run light wheels, ran OMF with my iroks and run walker evans 14" on my turbo.

Re: Re: Superswamper sx

TacomaJD said:
I don't think the swampers run much if any heavier than most of the 8 ply utv tires in the 30-31" range. I don't remember exact numbers, but read comparisons between all the major heavier 8 ply utv tires vs swampers regarding weight and they all were pretty close.

The thing most ppl don't understand is an 8 ply in a utv tire isn't the same as the ply rating in the truck tire world. As I understand it, there is no standard by which a ply is measured in a utv tire, unlike truck tires. This is where the weight difference comes in and how you can have a 30" ITP Blackwater Evo 8 ply tire that is significantly lighter but yet the same size as my 30" EFX Motoclaw 8 ply tires. The Motoclaws are some of the toughest 8 ply utv tires out and just so happens they are heavy.....that extra weight comes from thicker TOUGHER plies in the tire than the ITP Blackwater.
Biggest difference I noticed when looking at all the different tires in this size range, the utv tires have much deeper tread/lug depth than the truck tires.

I ended up running the 30x7 SX2 blems and really liked them.

Re: Re: Superswamper sx

paradisepwoffrd said:
Biggest difference I noticed when looking at all the different tires in this size range, the utv tires have much deeper tread/lug depth than the truck tires.

I ended up running the 30x7 SX2 blems and really liked them.

My Motoclaws have been badass on beadlocks. I have pinched the tire up in all kinds of **** that would probably tear an old paper thin ITP, they are tough tires.

Swampers wear like iron if you do a lot of road riding though! (not speaking for the sticky swamper).

pholmann said:
I think it's funny how they make it seem like Scott goforth owns interco or some ****.

I always thought so too. what is strange is the sticky utv tire doesn't seem to be on interco's site still.

Marty said:
I always thought so too. what is strange is the sticky utv tire doesn't seem to be on interco's site still.

I think it was a custom run that Goforth did, not publicly sold by Interco.