• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suspension HELP!!!

mcmen0317

88 4Runner SAS
I have an 88 4Runner with a SAS, spring over, high steer. It's tall. I am runnin 38's with bout 6inchs from top of tire to fender. Can I lower it down some without having to change drive shaft length and a bunch of other stuff? Pretty much can I drop it down to run 35's and when a trail ride comes up lift it back up easy to run trails?

Re: Re: Suspension HELP!!!

Yes.
88 on 38.5sx. Rear lowered, front with allpro lift. Lowered front and can run 39 kraelers
su9uheta.jpg

va3u9y8u.jpg

If I understand what you are asking. You want an adjustable suspension to raise the truck for bigger tires, then lower back down for daily driving?
I think airbags would be the only logical way to do that. IMHO not worth it.

Re:

Combo of stock springs in front, stock rears with 1 long lift leaf and one short lift leaf. Also running 5" btf shackles

Re: Re: Suspension HELP!!!

No need for adjustable suspension, bump stop to the biggest tire you'll be running and swap tires out as needed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Suspension HELP!!!

Rokcrler said:
No need for adjustable suspension, bump stop to the biggest tire you'll be running and swap tires out as needed.

X2

Move your front axle really far forward (redrill spring perches and plates) or tub your cab out