• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

suspension unloading

I asked simple questions so i got simple answers.... but it answered what i wanted to know.

Hi,

The std oil level in the 14" air shocks is 305CC/305 ml. You can an additional 15CC

The max gas pressure in the air bumps is 300 psi. I would not run them at much more than you are currently running them as the ride will become really harsh and uncompliant.

Glenn

will you do the fill test on yours and measure how much it is?

So your max is 330cc's but I bet the fill method would be 450ish

By reading his reply ( and possibly reading into it to much ) I assumed it came filled with the 305cc but who knows.

Im considering dumping everything out of them and going 10wt like you mentioned instead of 5wt then putting the 330cc's in them and starting there.

Im not to that point yet, but hope to be by the end of the week. When I get into it Ill post up what I decide and what i end up doing. thumb.gif

I've only scanned the responses but I didn't see anybody mention the mounting points. To my eye it looks like the shocks are mounted too close to each other on the chassis.

(Thinking out loud) If you take it to the extreme and mount them right next to each other you could easily pivot the buggy on that point. What you have is a less extreme example of that. I would bet that if you move the upper and lower should mounts out by 3" on each side you'll see a notable improvement. I don't think it's the 3 link numbers and I really don't think its the spring rate. I think it's the shock mount location.

yeah I've been wondering that too - might try movin them out if I can find a way. They're as far out on the lower side as they can get

Latest posts