• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Suzuki samurai

collindarby

So my plan is to put a 1.6L 16 valve engine in my samurai as soon as I find one. (1.3 original motor in right now)
It's sitting on 33 inch Mud Grapplers right now ( will only drive strong in 4L. )
Does anyone have any other suggestions? Not trying to get to crazy expensive, so I'm trying to keep the original transmission, and transfer case. Eventually After hunting season I'm going to do the 6.5.1 gears in the transfer case.
Any inputs is much appreciated

Attachments

• D6401BA5-AD3C-4846-9BF4-C3217F826723.jpeg
    D6401BA5-AD3C-4846-9BF4-C3217F826723.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 124
5to1 or 6.5to1 is the only way to go. If you are going to fool with the time to wire a 16v engine, you may as well grab everything from a 2.0 tracker/vitara and say the hell with trying to keep it all Samurai. You may be content with a much more simplistic 1.6 8v and tcase gears if you must keep the original trans & tcase. Also, be prepared to snap axle shafts in anything but mud with 40 % more torque and much much lower gears in low range

5to1 or 6.5to1 is the only way to go. If you are going to fool with the time to wire a 16v engine, you may as well grab everything from a 2.0 tracker/vitara and say the hell with trying to keep it all Samurai. You may be content with a much more simplistic 1.6 8v and tcase gears if you must keep the original trans & tcase. Also, be prepared to snap axle shafts in anything but mud with 40 % more torque and much much lower gears in low range
I'm looking for the 16v with harness and ECM from a sidekick/tracker. From what little research I've done, it seems to be a fairly simple swap.
One thing is trying to find it.
Would you suggest putting Toyota axles under it?
Thanks for your input!

Ton's of good inspiration here depending on how far you want to go.

Last edited:
A few of us on the board have passed one around that had the following:

5spd
6.5-1 case
33s

fun little beater.. the 1.6 would pull the 33s well enough to put around back roads

571F7A16-1A1F-4FBD-8BF8-0F4D876E6C0A.png

Last edited:

Latest posts