• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sway bar tabs bending?

I'm a dummy but looks like to me when the axle articulates the heim could be running outta rotation and binding and bending the tab over cause it ran outta movement. That one is actually touching the truss, I could see mounting it parallel and it not binding that way. Just my view of it
In the pic where you see the heim touching the truss, imagine if the tab was straight. Not only would it not be touching the truss, but the rotation on the heim would be greatly reduced. You can see that in the other pictures where I had bent the tab straight again.

I threw those 1/8 tabs on the shelf and made my own out of 1/4. I figured if those were welded on one side like you have that would be too weak, imo. It would probably be fine in double shear with 1/8. Im not saying my setup is correct but it works. TK1 swaydar with 16" travel airshocks. I used all their provided hardware.
View attachment 119272View attachment 119273View attachment 119274
Yeah, I was honestly going to at least swap them out for ¼" since I have a bunch of tabs and no limit straps to use them for. Figured I'd just order some more tabs but shipping was triple what the tabs cost so I just used what was sent. Not this time though. Glad to hear your bar is working though. I've since heard about some folks snapping theirs.

Yeah, I was honestly going to at least swap them out for ¼" since I have a bunch of tabs and no limit straps to use them for. Figured I'd just order some more tabs but shipping was triple what the tabs cost so I just used what was sent. Not this time though. Glad to hear your bar is working though. I've since heard about some folks snapping theirs.
I've been wheeling mine for about a year now so......... time will tell.

It's a tiny tab in single sheer. Mine holds up fine.

Attachments

• 20200715_170421_copy_768x1365.jpg
    20200715_170421_copy_768x1365.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 186
It's a tiny tab in single sheer. Mine holds up fine.
Just noticed you're also double shear at the top. Is that just a machined block that bolts on or are the arms themselves different from the single shear version? I honestly don't see my upper heims/studs living too long but not showing any signs of fatigue as of yet.

Latest posts