• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

switch panel w/ fuses

jeeptj99

Is anyone besides 12 volt guy building these? I want to build a dash for the buggy this winter and redo some of the wiring. Or who makes a good enclosed fuse panel?

Switches 5-8 something like that
1 master shut off
fuses i'm not sure, 8-10 something like that. i'd have to look and figure it up.
Gotcha. This is what we have in the juggy for all our accessories. Kill switch; computer; and starter button are all separate from the switch panel, but this panel is 60amp max and we have 7 of the 8 buttons wired up. The brain/fuses are mounted under the cowl and in a waterproof box. I've been pleased with it and it came with the purchase of the juggy.

1609178487592.png

Gotcha. This is what we have in the juggy for all our accessories. Kill switch; computer; and starter button are all separate from the switch panel, but this panel is 60amp max and we have 7 of the 8 buttons wired up. The brain/fuses are mounted under the cowl and in a waterproof box. I've been pleased with it and it came with the purchase of the juggy.

View attachment 121855
x2 on the ebay 8 gang switch panels/fuse and relay blocks. Hard to beat for a simple trail rig. Of course you can buy more expensive models. But, I haven't seen one of these fail yet. So I don't know why you would, unless your system was just wayy too complicated.

View attachment 121855

What kind of box are the fuses in?

x2 on the ebay 8 gang switch panels/fuse and relay blocks. Hard to beat for a simple trail rig. Of course you can buy more expensive models. But, I haven't seen one of these fail yet. So I don't know why you would, unless your system was just wayy too complicated.

I'm doing good wiring lights in, my system is not complicated at all. I hate wiring.

What kind of box are the fuses in?

I'm doing good wiring lights in, my system is not complicated at all. I hate wiring.

That looks like it would work. Only thing is my center fan on my radiator is controlled off a switch and can run either way, blows warm air into the cockpit area it's kind of nice in the winter, wonder how i would wire that up? that's why i was looking at one with actual switches, one needs to be a rocker i guess.

2 5 pole relays to swap the leads will do the trick

Or look how it's wired now and copy it ?

I have used these twice, super simple because they come already assembled and wired!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-175620.png
    Screenshot_20201228-175620.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 209
12voltunlimited.com
Ign Start 12 Dual Row (1).jpeg.jpg
is another choice similar to 12voltguy. I had a winch switch panel from him and loved the backlit led feature. You can do rockers, toggles, fuses, circuit breakers, choice of backlit color. All kinds of stuff.

For that kind of money though I think I'd rather have the Switch-Pro 9100 pdm with a seperate red start/kill backlit rocker. If you get them on sale like Black Friday or something it doesn't hurt so much.
SP9100_Panel_and_Power_Mod__03989.1561741748.png

After once fumbling for the toggle kill switch in an emergency situation I knew I had to make a change. My solution..... a custom double throw rocker that provides both start & kill within easy slapping reach right next to shifter. When pushed forward it lights up & energizes my backlit start button (and everything else), and to KILL its just a simple slap. Easy to see day or night and simple.
Screenshot_20201228-220613_Samsung Internet.jpg

If your looking for a toggle switch nameplate solution there's this.

Legend-plates.com

They're available in different sizes, colors & shapes, engraved from a thick marine grade plastic, sticky backed & mine have held up great to being fully exposed to the elements.
20201228_223450.jpg

After once fumbling for the toggle kill switch in an emergency situation I knew I had to make a change. My solution..... a custom double throw rocker that provides both start & kill within easy slapping reach right next to shifter. When pushed forward it lights up & energizes my backlit start button (and everything else), and to KILL its just a simple slap. Easy to see day or night and simple.View attachment 121861

I do not like this solution at all.

Wire a proper main kill switch, that's what you should use in case of emergency.

With your solution, if the emergency is real and you're panicking (or in a rollover) there is no way you will for sure hit the switch the right way. On the other hand, the proper kill switches will be spring loaded and return to the open circuit position on their own as soon as you touch them.

What's a proper kill switch?
(besides a tether switch like on boats/pwc/trials bikes)

because what Waffle is describing is an on/off 2 pos switch. IMO it should say "RUN/KILL" or just "ON/OFF" instead of "START/KILL" (because it's not a starter switch)

Latest posts