• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Switch Panels?

I

InDaShop

Does anyone like the 12 Volt Guy panels that Seabass44 on Pirate makes?
I look at them and freaking cringe. They remind me of '70s wood paneling just dated and blah. Was there a point that "Missile Armed" switches were cool, or desirable?

I know if you have nothing good to say dont say it, but I see these things and jus't dont get it. dunno Then I checked out his website, and saw the prices! :eek: ::) Are people actually paying this for these things? I really dont like wiring but those just seem like a complete rip off.

Rant off.

all of my panels were won, and free...buti think that they are ok.....

they can be as gawdy or as plain as you want them to be.....his work really is TOP NOTCH....

I agree, they look fugly. I was gonna get the in cab winch but just decided to run my controler inside instead. His prices are crazy high. Painless makes some nicer switch panels

Interweb Famous , Seabass went form selling CO2 kits back in the late 90's to t shirts to ??? He finally found his niche thats all.

I havent looked at prices but I can imagine. I dont have any first hand knowledge of his stuff so I really have no opinion.

I had thought about buying the winch control as well then started looking at things you can buy the switches, switch covers and leds off ebay for cheap as hell and for a lil work and some wiring make them however you want it for a hell of a lot less than what he sells them for.

the main panel he made me is awesome....i dont have a pic of the wiring from behind, but it is impressive to say the least....

also, he sends detailed instructions and wire ties and all kinds of other needed thingys...

here is a smallish pics of th eone that he made me....
stankprogress042.jpg

Damn if you turned all those switches on you would have to wear sunglasses even at night due to all the indicator lights that would be shinning in the cab

I assume you've seen mine Wyatt... and I really like them. As for the "missle arming" winch power on switches, these are a good thing... I've had a controller stick before and blown solenoids on the winch and destroyed a perfectly good cable...

As for price, you choose your battles. Given enough time, I could make anything... but I choose to buy things when it's easy and high quality!

They look good and I know the wiring is top notch but you can get anything you need at Forbes and with a little skill turn out something as good and much cheaper.