• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sx stickies and Moab or whatever.

skipnrocks

I'm just curious. And have nothing better to do since it's 2:30 am in Hawaii and my brain says it's 5:30 and I should be up and doing something.

So here is my question. I have heard that those who run big crawlers run higher pressures 10-15 psi. And simular with the maxxis guys.

I hear the same about the bouncer folks on sxs. Bbut hear that is mainly to keep from cracking rims and provide bounce.

So now to finally get a question out. What psi would you run for Moab. What pressure would you run for trails dirt rock mix. And what pressure would you run if your going to hit stuff harder?

Please list your rig weight so I can see if there is a correlation with weight and psi.

Also do you groover the center lug in half for flex on these.

You really were bored last night ...

I never cared much for tire PSI in different terrains, if my **** is not in turf mode the answer has always been 5psi because sidewalls die Young under 5psi. I have limited factual statistics on these figures.

We go every year. For the past 5. We love it. I always wheeled with my tsl tires at 5 front 3.5 in back. This is my first time running sx. Just mainly curious what psi people like to run them at.

I know one year my dad had his creepies at 15 and they didn't hook. Less than 9 and they would burp air. Just hoping to avoid a learning curve

I run 4psi on all four corner of my heavy pig(5400lbs). I wheel strictly East coast stuff and have only dreamed of Moab. My SXs have never burped any air that I know of. I have Raceline Wheels forbqhat it's worth. I was shocked how stiff the sidewalls were when I first got them. They arrived from Goforth already mounted but I took the cores out of the valve stems and drove around a little to soften them up.

That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought. When I first mounted my tsl my rig wasn't heavy enough to get the tire to flex at 0 psi pulling the Core probably would have sped up that break in. I will be running racelines also.

People say with bfg stickies they don't get improvement at lower psi for traction. Is this a bfg thing or a sticky thing.

SBJeepn said:
That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought. When I first mounted my tsl my rig wasn't heavy enough to get the tire to flex at 0 psi pulling the Core probably would have sped up that break in. I will be running racelines also.

People say with bfg stickies they don't get improvement at lower psi for traction. Is this a bfg thing or a sticky thing.

In my opinion a BFG thing. The sidewalls are to tender to run under 10 psi. I've ran sx at 4-5 psi, the best way to break them in is about 2 psi on the road, sounds crazy but it breaks the sidwalls down.

SBJeepn said:

The SX sidewalls are THICK! When the sticky compound was paired with the toughness of the SX, Interco created the perfect tire for East Coast wheeling on a full sized, heavier rig IMO. I've seen light weight rigs go crazy places on reds and I've seen 42 Treps do great on rocks but I wouldn't trade my SX's for any other tire at the moment. The jury is still out on the sticky mickey so I'm an SX :tc for now. If you hvamt wheels sticky tires, they are game changers. They have taken my pile of junk places it has no business going. Especially with my lack of talent. hitit

scooter60 said:
The SX sidewalls are THICK! When the sticky compound was paired with the toughness of the SX, Interco created the perfect tire for East Coast wheeling on a full sized, heavier rig IMO. I've seen light weight rigs go crazy places on reds and I've seen 42 Treps do great on rocks but I wouldn't trade my SX's for any other tire at the moment. The jury is still out on the sticky mickey so I'm an SX :tc for now. If you hvamt wheels sticky tires, they are game changers. They have taken my pile of junk places it has no business going. Especially with my lack of talent. hitit

Slight off topic but did you have to run a beadlock spacer? Raceline sent me enough for 3/8 in space but it doesn't seem like it would compress the tire much at all with that much. Even iffy at 1/4 inch.

SBJeepn said:
Slight off topic but did you have to run a beadlock spacer? Raceline sent me enough for 3/8 in space but it doesn't seem like it would compress the tire much at all with that much. Even iffy at 1/4 inch.

I ran the spacers, and every time I got the tire in a bind it leaked all the air out. I got my SX's used, and they were previously ran without spacers. But I had to break them all back down and remove the spacers. Basically, don't run the damn spacers.