• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya Anarchy hill

JOOP

I WON a COOKIE
This hill is damn near impossible. It's steep, the dirt is loose, the rocks are super smooth, and they move. Well I gave it a try today with my new Irok's, they didn't help. I still couldn't get up past the first few rocks. The rain didn't help.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ4K2QnzcfM[/YT]

that hill is flat nasty and throw the rain in the mix.... the video went how i thought it would. Tahuya rain rock is frustrating:mad:. props to you for trying though, i dont know many who have....:beer:

What psi were you running in 'em? When I had my buggy w/ Irok's, I ran them at around 8 psi and they gripped the river rock quite well. Granted they had been broken in for a few years which may have made a differene

That hill is impossible right now. They need to move the lower rocks back into place and pour some concrete to keep them on the hill.

What psi were you running in 'em? When I had my buggy w/ Irok's, I ran them at around 8 psi and they gripped the river rock quite well. Granted they had been broken in for a few years which may have made a differene

I'm running 5psi. The problem is the rocks are super smooth. In the video you can see what light is making through the clouds shinning off them. They're almost liked polished rocks.

That hill is impossible right now. They need to move the lower rocks back into place and pour some concrete to keep them on the hill.

It's been discussed in the past about throwing some concrete on there but it still hasn't happened. I think that's the only way anyone will get any grip.

it was fun too, jeremy and i were the first ones up it when they rocked it. as soon as the excavator move to go put the winch block in we were on it.
we came back 2 weeks later and the rocks were pulled out and no one has gone up since.

maby put them back in place and throw a log in the dirt in front?

This was my thought as well. If we had a post hole drill for the mini we could sink a couple logs in at the bottom say, ten or twelve feet apart. Then lay a large log down behind them to hold the whole bottom of the hill in place. You could build a sick shelf kinda deal you must get onto before you slam up the hill.

yup, using resources from the area, just need the equip and the o.k.
ted grady is the guy that has spearheaded those hills, he is the shot crete guy also. he has everything he needs I believe accept a way to get the shot crete to the hill and shot on it.

Do we have approval to use concrete to create a hard formed base for the rocks? That would be ideal. I just thought a log across would keep the rocks stationary enough for now. As it is the rocks that have fallen out are just being wasted. We need to make the beginning of the hill doable with tons and 44s. Then the rest of us have a goal to shoot for.

The DNR does not allow the use of man made materials to build or harden trails. (other than bridges) We have had this discussion several times with Nancy regarding Elbe.

What do the guys with tons N 44s shoot for then?:stirpot:

They will be busy fixing the Busy for some time to come I imagine. Maybe by the time the Busy is back the way it should be we will have convinced them to open another line between Anarchy and the other rock hill. We can make it whatever the 44 inch tire guys want if enough of them press DNR for even more difficult stuff. Its whatever sells the most Discover Passes after all, right?

I did ask the DNR guy while they were building that stuff. There is a whole chunk of hillside between Anarchy and the big rock hill (I know it has a name?) Just begging for another Anarchy-like hill climb. He said something to the tune of lets see how these ones work out. I pointed out that what they were doing kicked ass and that if we had any extra unused trail mileage for Tahuya ORV, right there would be a great place to use 20 yards of it. :D

The DNR does not allow the use of man made materials to build or harden trails. (other than bridges) We have had this discussion several times with Nancy regarding Elbe.

I've heard differently. A few months ago one of my customers was a DNR project management guy. We were discussing the use of concrete and he said it's in the works. He also talk about elbe and said "it's getting tore up pretty good" and he didn't want to talk much more about it. But he said something needs to be done.

I've also heard they got approval for the concrete from other sources too.

I've heard differently. A few months ago one of my customers was a DNR project management guy. We were discussing the use of concrete and he said it's in the works. He also talk about elbe and said "it's getting tore up pretty good" and he didn't want to talk much more about it. But he said something needs to be done.

I've also heard they got approval for the concrete from other sources too.

I herd superman was a real guy...

I've heard differently. A few months ago one of my customers was a DNR project management guy. We were discussing the use of concrete and he said it's in the works.

Ray (DNR E&E) told me the same thing last time I was at Tahuya.

I gave that hill hell in my 4Runner, and only made it to the 2nd stump on the left side. Truck started rotating to the right, and I decided it was better to back off than roll my junk.

The rocks just refused to stay put

should probly stay away from that hill unless your on at least forties. bottom end is all torn up from little rigs, like this video, ripping away at it with no real chance of clearing the rocks. i got 3/4 of the way up and sat vertical before shutting it down. tons and forties.