• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya regulars, need some input

jimijam19K

So I've only been up there a handfull of times, day trips only, never camped. Planning the annual camping trip with the "whole famn damily" and this year I want to go somewhere I can bring the rig and the bikes.

What we are looking for is the best place to camp for a group of 4 families.

We are especially wanting a place near enough to water for the kids to splash around.

I notice that Camp Spillman & Tahuya River Horse Camp are on the river itself, do either of those allow river access?

Twin Lakes shows a campground with boat ramp, what is that like?

Any advice from the Mason/Kitsap regulars would be awsome, we are still a couple months out so plenty of time for plan B if necessary. :beer:

the only place to camp is at the staging area, all the rest are closed due to the economy. i have heard they're planning on opening a few for the big hiliday weekends. the staging area is a good hub area, just get there early.

there is plenty to do if your bringing bikes and quads!! just that the staging area fills up fast on the weekends. also might call dnr and find out if the campgrounds will be open holiday weekends? ray the dnr guy out there told me this a few weeks ago.

contact the dnr the horsecamp is by reservation only and it will suit all your needs