• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya South Loop Closed!!

Travis1

There was an 8 acre fire around the 3 rock piles in south loop.

Mop up operations are commencing, as well as an investigation, as such the South Loop is closed until further notice.

(as in, I'll let ya'll know when it's open again)

Probably just a flatulent smoker.:D

Thanks for the tip...I'll take that area out of contention for weekend riding.

Jaydog said:
8 acres? Tahuya is so bad it won't even burn right.

I'm guessign the fire crews got notified and out there fast.

As dry as Tahuya is, I'm really suprised the fire didn't go a lot further.

Travis said:
Haven't heard yet, if I can get out there while the command center is open I'll try to find out.
Since you seem to know about the area a little, got any info on that undercut bridge on the Overland mc/atv trail? Been closed since march:mad: I rode down and checked it out looks like it'd be kind of a bitch to fix.

TrikeKid said:
Since you seem to know about the area a little, got any info on that undercut bridge on the Overland mc/atv trail? Been closed since march:mad: I rode down and checked it out looks like it'd be kind of a bitch to fix.

IIRC it was a future work party, but I could be wrong. I'll ask and post back, might take a day or two to get an answer.

Thats bad news I hope to hell it was not a wheeler or rider that sarted it. As dry as it is out there right now it could easily be started from a cat converter or a stupid ass with a smoke.

Travis said:
IIRC it was a future work party, but I could be wrong. I'll ask and post back, might take a day or two to get an answer.
that's cool, I just would like to know, one of the better parts of that trail

YoMamasTaco said:
whats the word on the south loop? Still closed?

I have not heard word that it was open. I may have word on Sunday evening as to open/closed but from what I saw tonight from the road, I'm guessing it's still closed and under investigation.

On the way home I crossed another firecrew blocking the backroads, several LARGE water tanker trucks, fire trucks, excavators, etc. All pretty much blocking the road. (about halfway between Tahuya and Bremerton)

Careful out there folks - it's REALLY dry.

Thats a great little link there Pokey, thanks. I am watching that Dewatto fire closley I have a lot of friends in that area. That link says there are 12 fire burning now in Washington...Scary stuff.

Latest posts