• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya Temporarily Closed

Travis1

Due to weather damage Tahuya ORV has been temporarily closed for safety reasons.

I am in contact with the DNR right now about it. I will update with solid information by Thursday morning.

As far as the 4x4 areas go, I would expect this closure to at least be partially lifted by this weekend.

Thanks,
Travis Waldher
Quadrapaws,President

How well did your place survie shane? I am guessing you have lots of next years firewood already

A pic from Sand Hill Rd, I don't know exactly where, but I don't remember this being there. Area got 6" of rain the other night.
1196713152980_ORIGINAL_water_FLOOD_013.jpg

How well did your place survie shane? I am guessing you have lots of next years firewood already

Didn't lose a thing, though I did just cut down a fir tree today that uprooted during last years storm and has been hung up in it's neighbors branches ever since. I needed a new light pole for the alder one on the shed that just disentegrated on me. :redneck:

Holy CRAP! I think there was a small ditch that ran along the dirt road there. Now it looks like the dirt road became the drainage ditch just past the gate. There is a dirtbike trail that goes across that road a couple times and comes out just before that corner.

Update Time

Ok, you guys are NOT going to believe this.

The 4x4 system within Tahuya will be opening tomorrow - ENTIRELY.

There was little to no damage to the 4x4 system, in fact, as of today not a single tree has fallen. :shock: There were some erosion issues, but nothing big enough to keep the system closed or warrant a work party.

What will remain closed until further notice:

• Goat Ranch Road leading to Camp Spillman - gate closed at pavement.
    The Kaminga 4x4 trail entrance on Goat Ranch Road - ecoblocked
    Camp Spillman
    Camp Kaminga
    Horse Camp

Please respect these closures, they are for safety reasons. The trail entrance is fine, but they want everyone to stay off the road and out of the campgrounds.

I'll be talking to the DNR next week after some of the dust has settled about repairing the damage to get the campgrounds opened back up, and that section of road back so we can have the trail entrance and camping again.

I'm hoping to have a work party to address that the last week of December.

Any word on the ATV/MC trails?

Nothing conclusive yet.

I know that some of the bridges have washed away, one of them being 50 yards from where it used to be.

The DNR was getting a hold of some of the clubs to get some MC people out there to check the single track stuff for them. I hadn't asked about the quad stuff.

But from what I gathered, the ATV/MC is still considered closed. If you'de like I can try and ask tomorrow what the status is. They are just inundated right now, they have to inventory all of the damage before Monday so they can report it out to FEMA.

Last edited:
great more bridges out... tahuya sucks for fixing those on the bike and atv trails. the one on the overland trail has been out for a long time. so much for going there this winter or spring to ride...

Last edited:
great more bridges out... tahuya sucks for fixing those on the bike and atv trails. the one on the overland trail has been out for a long time. so much for going there this winter or spring to ride...

There's no money for it, that's the only reason the Overland hasn't been fixed.

There's no money for it, that's the only reason the Overland hasn't been fixed.

I'll see if there's anything I personally can do to help with that.

My first priority is going to be getting the road to Camp spillman, Camp Spillman, and the Kaminga entrance back.

yikes, that's washed away too? doesn't look like very much riding for me this winter. that's the only place i can afford to drive to at the moment. how high did the tahuya river get to wipe out the camp? guess it's time to get one of the 4wd's working.