• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tcase case fixes?

Speeding

Forum member #1
Hardline Crawler
So last friday on my way to Jamie's I had crazy deathwobble at about 60mph, and y'know how they always say throttle out of a deathwobble? Well when I hit about 70 I decided that was no longer a good idea. Anyways, turns out my stabilizer bolt fell off but that's no biggie. When I come home from Hannibal there's a puddle of fluid under the Jeep, I figure the bolts had backed out and the case split a bit(common problem with 241s). When I pull the skid today I find out that my case hit the side of my crossmember plate during the deathwobble and puctured it! It's a tiny tiny leak, so I'm looking for cheapo easy fixes. Are there any? JB weld maybe? I'm sure you could tig it but I don't know about you guys, but I don't have access to one.

Photo:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes JB Weld. Clean everything COMPLETELY. The air tool gasket cleaner I have will work well. You will need to let sit for 24 hours after the JB weld. You can do it at the house if you wish, but you'll need a ride home.

John Galbreath Jr. said:
Yes JB Weld. Clean everything COMPLETELY. The air tool gasket cleaner I have will work well. You will need to let sit for 24 hours after the JB weld. You can do it at the house if you wish, but you'll need a ride home.

Will I need any certain type of JB Weld or is it just a multipurpose type? (I'm a JB newbie) Air tool gasket cleaner... where would I find that? Would brakecleen work instead? I'm already draining it right now so I'll just finish it up here, thanks though!

John is talking about cleaing it with a pneumatic die grinder with a wheel on it designed to clear off gasket stuff. JB is universal, there is a sealer and a hardner. You mix the two and apply

BamaTJ said:
John is talking about cleaing it with a pneumatic die grinder with a wheel on it designed to clear off gasket stuff. JB is universal, there is a sealer and a hardner. You mix the two and apply

teeen-four. Dad has an attachment like that for a drill so i'm good to go there. 8)

JB Weld is holding so far, got it all back together (minus the skid) and took it for a mean test drive. Did some swaybar adjusting while I was at it and the suspension rides sooo much better now. Now JimmyN can jump it again without bending my mounts! ;D