• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Telemarketers

Juan_Hong_Loe

That's dumb
Just curious if anyone here has ever bought anything from a telemarketer? How relevant are they today in all honesty. I have never given one the time of day because I fell like they're wasting my time. I don't call them wanting to sell stuff... what do you guys think? How do they survive these days? And how relevant are they even if they are a real person or a recording? How effective can they really be? Oh and man do they annoy the piss out of me!!!

Never. I had a buddy that would mess with them bad when they called him, he'd try to sell them something, hilarious. :****:

Re: Telemarketers

They literally exist to prey on the elderly and weak minded, just like click bait ads, pop ups, junk mail, etc

My favorite one making the rounds now is the "Your warranty is about to expire!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Telemarketers

TBItoy said:
They literally exist to prey on the elderly and weak minded, just like click bait ads, pop ups, junk mail, etc

My favorite one making the rounds now is the €œYour warranty is about to expire!€

I get one about a lowering the interest on my credit card, and I've never had a credit card. I always push 1 to speak with a representative and when they answer and say "I see you are interested in lowering your interest rate?" I just say DON'T EVER CALL THIS ****ING NUMBER AGAIN! But they usually hang up pretty quick. Lol worthless ****s.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
I get one about a lowering the interest on my credit card, and I've never had a credit card. I always push 1 to speak with a representative and when they answer and say "I see you are interested in lowering your interest rate?" I just say DON'T EVER CALL THIS ****ING NUMBER AGAIN! But they usually hang up pretty quick. Lol worthless ****s.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You may have a credit card and not know it lol.

As long as they pay the bill and keep your credit score good...

My dad would tell them that he was hard of hearing and get them to repeat it louder. After 2 or 3 times of them repeating, he would tell them to hang on while he gets his wife because she can hear better. He would then just lay the phone down until they hung up.

My boss told me,he tells them he is glad they called, he was about to commit suicide and needed someone to talk to molaugh

I constantly mess with them. I lead them on as long as possible and then read them some kinda nonsense job number at work when they ask for a credit card number. But I always make it 17 digits and make them repeat it back to make sure it's right.

Eventually they get mad and cuss me out. My wife never believed they did until they called while she was in the car. Got the guy mad enough that he started asking what color my wife's p****y is. The color options I got him to list were "black, pink, and goat". I about lost it when they said goat. I don't get many calls any more. :****:

I just ask for their name and company name and when they ask why I tell them this number is on a national do not call list and want to make sure I have the right info to report them. They hang up every time and never call back. Another version is that I tell them the call is being recorded.

This one is funny....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oUa3jVRBzPw

THIS one is fawkin hilarious!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkdoogjic4I

I told one I hoped he choked on a **** and he said "oh you want to suck me ****" and hung up. Thank God the wife heard it or no one else would believe it. Left me speech less. Lol

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Damn yall got alot of free time on yalls hands
I just dont answer the phone

The ones I keep getting are some 363 numbers(which is what my cell number begins with) and its a pre-recorded cheerleader type chick telling me "You recently stayed at a hotel and bla bla bla bla bla....."

I haven't stayed in hotel in like 10 years. I keep blocking/reporting the number but it's always a new "363" number.

I literally just dont answer my phone. Ive gotten to the point if it rings i dont even pick it up. You want me you better text me then it may be awhile before i answer. Im bad about not even having my phone because if i carry it around i lose it.

BUG-E J said:
I literally just dont answer my phone. Ive gotten to the point if it rings i dont even pick it up. You want me you better text me then it may be awhile before i answer. Im bad about not even having my phone because if i carry it around i lose it.

Same here.
Text me or leave me a voicemail then I call you back.

So this happened to me today... got a call from a local number and I answered it "Hello this is Daniel." She said "oh were you trying to reach Keith?" Man was I confused because I hadn't called anyone she called me. She said no you just called and Keith couldn't get to the phone in time. But it was her cell number is where she called me from. So as I'm hanging up the phone with her I get a text from a local number asking who this is? I oblige and and tell them but ask why they wanted to know. They said I just called them. I am assuming it's actually Keith on the phone. Told them that I hadn't called and something weird is going on. I call t-mobile and ask what's up... they tell me there's an app that people can use to call or text from that shows a random number instead of the one you're actuallly calling or texting from and that's what has probably happened. WTF!!!!!! Makes me so mad that stuff like that even exists. I'm sure a telemarketer is doing this so people think a local person is calling them instead of a 1-800 number so they'll at least answer. So I now am not answering the phone anymore and if someone needs me they can leave a message or text me... GEEZ!!

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
So this happened to me today... got a call from a local number and I answered it "Hello this is Daniel." She said "oh were you trying to reach Keith?" Man was I confused because I hadn't called anyone she called me. She said no you just called and Keith couldn't get to the phone in time. But it was her cell number is where she called me from. So as I'm hanging up the phone with her I get a text from a local number asking who this is? I oblige and and tell them but ask why they wanted to know. They said I just called them. I am assuming it's actually Keith on the phone. Told them that I hadn't called and something weird is going on. I call t-mobile and ask what's up... they tell me there's an app that people can use to call or text from that shows a random number instead of the one you're actuallly calling or texting from and that's what has probably happened. WTF!!!!!! Makes me so mad that stuff like that even exists. I'm sure a telemarketer is doing this so people think a local person is calling them instead of a 1-800 number so they'll at least answer. So I now am not answering the phone anymore and if someone needs me they can leave a message or text me... GEEZ!!

Haha same **** happened to me last year! Girl called me and left a bunch of voicemails from a Boone number like mine and told me to quit calling her. I never responded but she called me again, so I answered and she apologized for cussing me out. We figured out that they had used my number to call her. It must happen a lot :wtflol:

All mine have been local numbers. They spoof the call to make it look like a number from your area code, and even same city in my case (256-638-xxxx). I called the first couple missed calls I had back to see what they wanted when this first started happening then I figured out what was going on so I just ignore them or answer and cuss them out if I don't have anything better to do at that moment.