• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tellico to re-open???

Well boys, we may get OUR park back! The SFWDA was notified that a hearing regarding reopening Tellico will be held on Aug 23, in Bryson City, NC. I think we should show up by the THOUSANDS to show our support! :woot:

Re: Re: Tellico to re-open???

If it does get reopened, then we just get to make new trails... Or ride the new logging roads, which will eventually turn into "good" trails again.

The last 3-4 years that tellico was open, many of the trails got a lot harder/ledges got bigger/dug out etc...

And if you talked to some "old timers" they'd tell you about driving Buick Riveras up Guardrail back in the 70s...

Im about a half hour from Bryson City... I'll show up to support!! So what if the trails are gone, they'll get good again we start riding on them..

OH the trails shure as hell are GONE,,,,yall didn,t see Brads pics :dunno:

The other thing that concerns me is the news about the checkin stations gettin mowed over,the dirt road between Tellico Plains and Murphy "the one we always called trail 1 " being widened and having most of the switchbacks taken out of it already because it will soon be PAVED,,,you know this is the ONLY road to access the Tellico trail system by at this time,and some of yall probly remember the **** the rangers on the Tellico Plains side would give us about a "non tagged vehicle on pavement" I,m sure.

and don,t think I don,t care,,,HELL I,d be the first sumbitch in line to donate a nut to science if it would get Tellico back open to us :****:

Re: Re: Tellico to re-open???

TBItoy said:
And if you talked to some "old timers" they'd tell you about driving Buick Riveras up Guardrail back in the 70s...

I was told by one feller "Sheeit, we usta take that pinno right thar straight up to thuh top, git high as got-dam bird ***** an' **** them Knoxvull disco whores til the dam sun come up." And no ****, that's a quote.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tellico to re-open???

5BrothersFabrication said:
I was told by one feller "Sheeit, we usta take that pinno right thar straight up to thuh top, git high as got-dam bird ***** an' **** them Knoxvull disco whores til the dam sun come up." And no ****, that's a quote.

So That's why you want a Pinto!

Pretty sure I've met that same guy lol. And heard that same basic story many times (different cars and whores) haha, the 70s must have been cool

Ethridge was his name, not sure if first or last. Huge indian guy from Tellico Plains. He's good ol' **** tho. Still has that red pinto, hopped up 2300, 4 speed, slot mags... Nice.

That's an oxymoron... Nice and pinto talking about the same thing.

I'd really like to see Tellico open again. I've only ever seen videos and pictures.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][/size][/size][/size][size=10pt]I would buy a cabin with a garage outside of Hanging Dog and leave my buggy up there.[/size]

First started going to Tellico back in the mid 80's. I remember some of the locals used to build up 2wd cars, trucks or whatever with big blocks and 44's on the back. They would sit at the bottom of school bus, and launch them!
They used to call them "super trucks", and boy would they rip up the landscape. The original rock bouncers!