• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tennessee, Alabama Florida handgun laws

poolman

So we have a couple family vacations and a weeding scheduled in Florida. I have did some research but some of the laws look conflicting. How can you legally have a handgun in you're vehicle in these three states? I do not have a concealed carry. In Kentucky we can keep a loaded weapon in any factory compartment, console, glovebox ect. Thanks in advance.

I don't care where I go, I have one concealed inside vehicle (out of plain sight). I figure if I get into a situation where an officer finds that I have a handgun in the car, the context surrounding the situation should let the officer know there was no harm meant and I'd assume he'd let me go with a warning. Other than that, long as it's in your vehicle hidden from view, ain't nobody gonna see that ****.....just rock out, leave it in the vehicle, and don't do anything dumb to get yer **** searched. I also carry one into hotel if say we are on vacation in Florida.

Remember, it's only illegal if you get caught. :flipoff1:

Pretty sure a cwp/hcp/ccp is written into the Constitution of the United States of America

"Shall not be infringed"

Yeah I have my TN HCP and it makes me feel like a damn traitor every time I look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Tennessee, Alabama Florida handgun laws

TBItoy said:
Pretty sure a cwp/hcp/ccp is written into the Constitution of the United States of America

"Shall not be infringed"

Yeah I have my TN HCP and it makes me feel like a damn traitor every time I look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BINGO!

All gun laws are infringements!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
BINGO!

All gun laws are infringements!

Still doesn't stop you from getting into legal trouble once you break the "laws".

TacomaJD said:
Still doesn't stop you from getting into legal trouble once you break the "laws".

Kinda what i was thinking.

Unfortunately the Constitution went out the window a long time ago. I can't believe that they still have politicians swear to protect when only a very small handful of them have even read it.

So I can I legally carry a handgun in the glovebox in Alabama and Florida? It looks Tennessee I can. Unless I missed something.

poolman said:
So in can I legally carry a handgun in the glovebox in Alabama and Florida? It looks Tennessee I can. Unless I missed something.

I know in AL anything inside a vehicle not in plain sight is considered concealed and requires a Concealed Carry Weapons Permit. I have one, but it's mainly just another form of revenue for them. $25/year in my county, which is bullshit. If you are to carry a firearm without a CCW permit in a vehicle, it is supposed to be left in plain sight with the magazine removed and no bullets in the mag. (As I understand the law from talking with police buddies). Might not be 100% accurate. And I'm not sure of recipricosity laws between the states either.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Just don't put the firearm where you keep the vehicle registration in case you get pulled over for something minor like speeding. Example: keep gun in glovebox and registration in the console.

Unless you really get a dickhead officer, most are pro 2nd ammendment and probably won't fawk with you even if they somehow found out you had a handgun in your vehicle.

I'm a Florida boy, soon to be in Tennessee. I got pulled over in Alabama in may. I handed the officer my license and my Florida carry card. He looked at them both. He handed my carry permit back and said he did not need the carry permit but thanks for letting him know.. $256.00 later I was on my way.....

brownjeep said:
I'm a Florida boy, soon to be in Tennessee. I got pulled over in Alabama in may. I handed the officer my license and my Florida carry card. He looked at them both. He handed my carry permit back and said he did not need the carry permit but thanks for letting him know.. $256.00 later I was on my way.....

Since i didn't get any for sure answers i called all three states. Tennessee is very similar to Kentucky law, as long as its in a factory compartment its ok. Alabama said to keep the weapon unloaded and away from the magazine and it better be empty. Florida said i can carry it in the glovebox loaded if i had a trigger lock, or it was in a lockbox. I definitely can see where a person would have to have a ccw in those states, here we just keep a handgun in every vehicle with no worries.

One of the reasons I have a permit, just so I don't have to worry. Only time I don't have one in the chamber is when I pass through Illinois and that's just because they are asshats and I don't like jail cells, I'm kinda small and don't want to be someone's bitch.

poolman said:
So I can I legally carry a handgun in the glovebox in Alabama and Florida? It looks Tennessee I can. Unless I missed something.

Your good in Tennessee. They consider your vehicle to be like your home! Just don't throw to many beer cans out til you get to maryville Tn. Tony Bolton been all depressed and gayer than normally

poolman said:
Since i didn't get any for sure answers i called all three states. Tennessee is very similar to Kentucky law, as long as its in a factory compartment its ok. Alabama said to keep the weapon unloaded and away from the magazine and it better be empty. Florida said i can carry it in the glovebox loaded if i had a trigger lock, or it was in a lockbox. I definitely can see where a person would have to have a ccw in those states, here we just keep a handgun in every vehicle with no worries.

As soon as you slow down at work, get your butt to Ky Gun Co and get that CCDW permit. (Take Stacy with you too) It can be done in 8 hours and there is some really good info as well as a bunch of common sense stuff. We carry in all of our cars too but I also carry on my person quite often. You never know when some deranged idiot decides he wants to play GOD. Once you have that CCDW, most states in the south recognize the permit. Only draw back is that as soon as you get pulled over, the officer can run your plate and know that you may have a weapon in the vehicle. Never been an issue with me as I have always stated that I have a weapon and where it is. Sometimes they ask to get the gun out and unload it, sometimes I have been told to just stay away from it. Either way it has always been a good experience for me.

xjmarc said:
One of the reasons I have a permit, just so I don't have to worry. Only time I don't have one in the chamber is when I pass through Illinois and that's just because they are asshats and I don't like jail cells, I'm kinda small and don't want to be someone's bitch.

Spin-off: What is the point of a pistol without one in the pipe? Expensive hammer?

Latest posts