• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Textbook what not to do at Tahuya Sunday

TrikeKid

I went out on the dirt bike yesterday and found a group of 3 rigs on the Tahuya River mc/ATV trail where it gets kinda wide. One stock (or close to it) green XJ, an early short box S10 beat to **** blue and white on 31" thornbirds. I didn't see the other rig ahead of the XJ but it wasn't any bigger from what I saw. They knew it was a bike trail (I asked). Morons were less than 2 miles from the 4x4 loop. I didn't see the DNR truck around after we got back to the truck or I would have said something. If anybody knows them, they need taught what it means to represent the sport well. The trail being real wide also leads to being fast. I wasn't really getting after it, but I still could have easily plowed straight into the back of the S10, being that the clowns parked around a blind corner.

Last edited:
Saw them clowns on the side of the road when I was leaving, I remember cause I was laughing at the s10 having tbirds.:redneck:

did you get any license plate numbers??? probably not, you were on a bike. but if so you should turn them into the DNR. let me guess it was that sims trail by the 4x4 loop area, which follows the goat ranch road? that's the only semi-wide atv trail near the 4x4 loops, or that i can think of at least. the lower section of tahuya river is too tight to go far. all the other atv trails my atv barely fits. a lot of tahuya is almost too tight for atvs, let alone some asshat running in a truck. can't wait till i get my drz400s...

Last edited:
did you get any license plate numbers??? probably not, you were on a bike. but if so you should turn them into the DNR. let me guess it was that sims trail by the 4x4 loop area, which follows the goat ranch road? that's the only semi-wide atv trail near the 4x4 loops, or that i can think of at least. the lower section of tahuya river is too tight to go far. all the other atv trails my atv barely fits. a lot of tahuya is almost too tight for atvs, let alone some asshat running in a truck. can't wait till i get my drz400s...

Nope, didn't catch the plate numbers, I was put in far too bad a mood by the whole deal (2nd time I've seen trucks on that stretch of trail, the last one was brush pickers that were parked in such a way as to almost block the bridge). It's this intersection here.
intersection.jpg

dear god, they were way away from the 4x4 trails. they must of entered from the road... there's a couple bridges that i don't think they'd make between there and the junction to the tahuya river staging trail... some people's children should of been aborted.

I fully agree with you about that, and also feel the bike riders need to stay off the 4x4 trails.when we were crawling on the rocks this dumb ass on a dirt bike with a really really loud exhast kept riding around us and we couldn't even talk to each other.

i do hate the fact that when you are on the 4x4 trail wheeling, and while you are moving, you get a group of jerk-offs that try to squeeze by. they can't let you get out of the way or stop. last time we were up here that happened several times. then 100 feet or so down the trail the whole group just stopped in the middle of the trail... and i had to sit and wait for them to go, because they were also so inconsiderate they didn't care that they were blocking the trail... there are asshats in both sports... there are more miles of dirtbike and atv trails, not to mention i hate riding in the 4x4 area. i don't see what the appeal is, too much water... if someone was smart enough to have a map or knowledge of the trail system, there's no reason to go flying through the 4x4 area... tons of easier and smoother ways to get around the park. i know it's open to everyone though...

i go back to my initial theory... some people's children should have been aborted...

Last edited:
i meant while i was wheeling... i don't have washington riding gear anymore, so i'm not riding till it dries up. that and i'm selling my atv in a month or 2 to invest in a drz400s. we were there wheeling 2 weekends ago. the place was packed, and several handfulls of retards were riding. i was raised to be considerate while riding, these weren't. you can ride the atv and dirtbike trails a hell of a lot faster, they are smoother, tighter, and i'd rather bump into another atv than a truck when i am riding.

Last edited:
... or wraps an a-arm into a tree, third gear and open... oops... last fall i was flying down tahuya river mid week, and all of a sudden a super tight section... bam... definately can't ride too fast on an atv out there. i had gotten too used to riding wide open in the desert and dunes in the glamis area... i was having trouble adjusting to the slower speeds... it took taking out an a-arm to realize i should slow down a little further...

I fully agree with you about that, and also feel the bike riders need to stay off the 4x4 trails.when we were crawling on the rocks this dumb ass on a dirt bike with a really really loud exhast kept riding around us and we couldn't even talk to each other.

usually they just rip through the woods around you making new paths:booo:

funny first time I have heard a atver bitch about trucks instead of wheelers bitchin about rude riders:corn:

it's just that at tahuya there are 4x4 trails and atv trails, unlike other 4x4 places where they ride alot of the same trails,in tahuya there are alot of miles of atv trails just for them so thats where they're supposed to be,and 4x4'ers have their trails and thats where thy're supposed to do their thing.

I think they just come over to the 4x4 trails, because they are board with the same ole, same ole on the ATV trails.

And of course they like to be spectators.:corn:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

PI

it's boring riding in the 4x4 trail system. there's no rear challenge required (not that there is any in a 4x4 either there...), bikes and atv's can go around anything in there. the water depth in the 4x4 area could swallow an unexpecting rider. the atv and bike trails there are excellent, and the dnr has fairly strict rules there about being on the wrong trails. ie 4x4 on atv. they actually have designated 4x4 trails, designated atv trail and designated single track. everyone is allowed on the 4x4 section, atv trails are anything 48" or smaller, and single track is just that, dirtbikes.

Latest posts