• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Th350 Rebuild help

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
I finally got around to rebuilding the th350 for the wifes jeep. I never built a trans before or ever even had one apart. With the help of a kit from jakes and a couple of youtube videos, I've nearly made it to the end. The only problem I see is I have 1 ring/spacer leftover. I know enough to know that all of the parts that came out pretty much need to go back in with the exception of whatever was replaced through the kit. I don't know where it came from but was in the pile of the old intermediate clutches. It's not the last wavy. Looks more like a snap ring but the ends are square rather than notched like most/all of the other snap rings. Also, there's marks on it that look the same as the notches on the inside of the case. Anyone with experience with one of these have any idea what it is or where it goes? I'm willing to bet it belongs in there somewhere.

I set it on the bottom plate of the intermediate clutches for size comparison.
f0779a3e2f6ca9a66015c2903612b11d.jpg

Nevermind, it was definitely for the center support. That probably would've been bad had I left it out. The newest issue is that it appears that the last Torrington bearing isnt the one that goes against the pump, which means that one of the others deep inside the case is also wrong. ::) :'( I sure am learning this one the hard way. :****:

Dude I just "built" my first trans the other day and the reason I put that in quotes is bc all I did was assemble it while a guy who has been doing it for 30 years told me where everything goes. It isn't that hard but a lot that could go wrong and a what you need to look for as far as what wears

It's weird. There's so much going on but at the same time, once you've shoved everything in and out a few times, you gett a good feel for when things are in the right spot. At the same time, my understanding of how it works has only increased by about 10%. Before this I just assumed it was magic. Still might be. The barrel is all buttoned up, just need to finish the valve body and the other little external parts. It'll be a little while until I know if it works and longer yet to see how the longevity is.

One thing that I learned is that they aren't supposed to wear out the fluid takes the abuse if they go out normally it is something that cause it to burn up is something like bad pump or broken hard part

Latest posts