• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TH400 Cooler Fitting?

Marty

The 400 in my rig has the factory hard lines from the tranny to the radiator. Well I did away with the radiator cooler and added a tube and fin. Well I have learned the hardlines are gunna hit the oil pan on my new motor I am putting in (Vortec 6.0). So I have decied to run braided -6 hose and AN fittings since I have some hose laying around. So, I need to know the fittings on the side of the tranny. I saw somewhere they were 1/4 NPT but would like to confirm before I buy the adapters. Thanks for any help.

Well I searched for a while on Pirate, and found someone to say it is not tapered but 1/4 NPT with thread in but if you go to TCI's web site it says 1/4 pipe . So I guess I will thread in a 1/4 pipe and see how it fits.

Yea, I didnt mean non tapered NPT, someone just said it wasnt tapered so i figured it would not be a 1/4 NPT, it would be something else. It seems a handful of people have used 1/4 NPT so thats what i will do. TH350s are 1/8 NPT if anyone ever needs that info.

Thanks, It should work out then. I got 1/4 npt to -6 fittings today, and got the heat sink type cooler on ebay. 12" long 3/8 fittings on each end. It was only 25 bucks so hopefully it does the job.

Guess this is my first post here...

Iv'e always used NPT and just been careful tightening them down.

this time I'm using fittings from this company...1/4 " National pipe straight to AN-6...they come with a little plastic type washer to seal them similar to the stock fittings

http://www.atiperformanceproducts.com/pdf/ATI_Catalog.pdf

Thanks for the link, I ordered them just to be safe. I would rather not crack the case.