• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

the never ending Bones new bike thread...

David said:
You are right Bones, those bags are hideous. I hate to see you sell the Husky but I understand. The DRZ is definitely a good choice for what you want. I really liked my DRZ but my Husky has so much more personality.

We have very little dealer support down here either but I did find a small shop in Memphis that specializes in Husky's. The owner has been racing and rebuilding them for years. I took mine to him and had the engine completely torn down, inspected, and some parts replaced. He was very reasonable on the price and easy to do business with.
The bags will be gone tomorrow. I will get dirtbagz again I suspect.

EDIT, Found a set on Ebay for $110 shipped for the racks and larger dirt bagz. :woot: booyang

That didn't last long at all. DRZ is OUT the door. Worthless bike for my needs

Trading for this next Friday booyang Heck $2300 in luggage, racks, bags, seat alone. Back to my sport touring days. The TN trip will be MUCH nicer now.
760184932_gDfFn-L.jpg

Here is a little more info on the bike:
-Fork seals and fluid replaced in May
-Coolant changed in May
-New clutch in May
-New rear break pads in May
-New front pads on the shelf (didn't need them in May)
-Brake and clutch fluid changed in May
-2,400 miles on this oil change
-32,800 miles on the ODO
-Rick Mayer custom 2-up saddle (this makes the seat cowl not fit anymore, but I have it and it comes with the bike)
-Givi windshield (I sold the original, so I don't have it)
-New chain and sprockets at about 27,000 (in 2009)

Bad news:
-Went down on left side during hard braking practice in 2003; plastics were all replaced, but there is some grinding on the center stand and side stand.
-I mount my own tires, so my rims are scratched.
-The Givi bags have scratches from hitting the pavement (I forgot to lock them)

Unique-ness of this bike:
-Installed the hydro adjustable pre-load rear shock and brackets from the ABS version
-Installed grip heaters
-Installed an Audiovox cruise control
-Installed 2 Powerlets (BMW plugs)
-134 dB Fiamm horn

If you are still interested, before turning the bike over to you, I would like to:
-Powder coat the rims in gloss black
-Replace front bearings (already have them on the shelf - was going to powder coat last winter)
-Adjust valves, replace air filter, and change oil*
-Install new sport touring tires

*I could give you cash to cover the work at a dealership if you just want to wait until the end of the season.

Question you HL homos, should i have the rims powdercoated in a charcoal gray or white (circa the 80's VFR's)??

forget the powdercoat. Spend the money on a gallon of gas and a single match... :flipoff1:

Husky for suzuki, suzuki for This... Basically the husky for this...
i know it will be Waaaaayyyy more comfortable on the long haul, but damn...

P said:
I never liked that gen bodywork, but you know you will love that bike, good damn trade ! booyang
Oh it's traded...I dig this gen Viffer.

CheapJ7 said:
forget the powdercoat. Spend the money on a gallon of gas and a single match... :flipoff1:

Husky for suzuki, suzuki for This... Basically the husky for this...
i know it will be Waaaaayyyy more comfortable on the long haul, but damn...
Yes basically husky for this...and this will actually get ridden unlike the Husky.....or DRZ. Just no good riding around here that isn't 2+ hours away minimum and the DS 'culture' here is non-existent.

he is PC'ing the wheels I'm not paying for it.

blacksheep10 said:
in that case, pink. :cougar: flashemifyougotem
He's gonna do black or gray, fine by me. Hell he is buying $400 in new tires for it as well. Fully prepped at the dealer 3 weeks before I head to TN.

'Merica! **** yeah!

B.DRAKE said:
Does that ridiculously huge tank bag not get in the way? I say either get a DS or a Sportbike not a mutt!
Unsure how it could. Have you ever ridden a sport touring bike?

If I wanted a sport bike I'd buy one :flipper: I've have 5 different dual sports and a few sport touring bikes....I ride sport touring bikes a LOT more

Ok my bad! Yea I rode a buddy's FZ6 but maybe the bars aren't as low on that one you are gettin, the Yamaha sit a lil more like a sport bike. :dblthumb:

B.DRAKE said:
Ok my bad! Yea I rode a buddy's FZ6 but maybe the bars aren't as low on that one you are gettin, the Yamaha sit a lil more like a sport bike. :dblthumb:
These sit kinda low, but not sport bike low where your hands are near your knees that's for sure. This bike has 1" bar risers also which help a ton on long rides. This bike is easily capable of 800 mile days.

P was right, this thread is not dying any day soon :****: booyang

After over a year off a bike I am getting a very well set up for sport touring bike in the coming weeks. My wife bought me this for my birthday. flashemifyougotem Flying to DC in a couple weeks to ride it home. Taking rural W Va highways for day one, then cracking it open on the interstate to get home in 1.5 days. Bike is 1999 Honda VFR800, gear driven cams that bring the sex. Sounds as good as my 94 VFR750 and not quite as good as my 06 Sprint with exhaust.

I owned a 94 back in 07 that had around 5K miles and every bit of plastic was broken badly or cracked. 100's of zip ties, duct tape, aluminum riveted to various pieces. Rode it all summer, put around 8K miles on it and sold it for far more than I paid, plastics cost unobtainium or I would have fixed it up. Bought a Triumph Spint ST which I also loved, but we parted ways after it played tag with the rear end of a Cavalier.

My 02 VFR800 was sweet.......cruise control, heated grips, cheap bar risers, GIVI luggage, $$ seat and took off to TN to visit Kim n Droopy Sears and the tail of the dragon. Sold it late last summer for various reasons. It wasn't as comfortable as my 94 or Trumpy and someone paid me far more than I had into it.

Buying this real nicely set up 99 now and hope it's as fitting as my 94 was and boy do I miss those gear driven cams :)

Specs/Details

It has .95 fork springs and a 929 shock with a 1150 lb./in. spring from Jamie Daugherty. Givi wingrack with side bags and tail bag (ugly ****, but it flat out works) as well as a Givi tank bag. Almost new Michelin PR3s, chain and sprockets. $$ Helibars, lower Buell pegs, and Oxford heated grips. Has a Delkevic exhaust, added voltmeter, and mirror extenders. The PO redid much of the troublesome VFR R/R wiring and replaced it and added a fan.

Full%20size%20right-L.jpg

Not the bike I am getting, but one I was considering. Just a snip of what these sound like drool My wife saw me drooling and asked if I wanted to get a "new" bike. Yeah I chomped on that box like a bulldog eating mayonnaise that night :cougar:

So wrong in so many levels why would a bulldog eat mayonnaise , why would you talk about white cream on a box ? Why do I have coke comin out of my nose? Why do I hope you did a good job, nice bike. Tell P cheap bastard Ronny said hey!!!