• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

THE OFFICIAL FOOD THREAD

TacomaJD

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....
I know there's lots of folks on here that love eatin' and cookin' good grub, and the older I get, the more I find myself wanting to learn how to cook more and more things. No pics of meals you bought at a restaurant, the intent of this thread is to be informational on how to prepare different foods.

So:

1.) Post up pics of good **** you cook! If you grill out and cook a mess of delicious foods, be sure to post it here! And if it's not some sort of guarded family recipe, share how to make it! (seasonings, spices, sauces, temperatures, tips & tricks, etc)

2.) It doesn't have to be a juicy filet or a rack of ribs, I'm all the time looking for quick "bachelor" meals that don't take long to fix. I'd be interested in what you guys have came up with that's fairly quick to fix, that is good and fills ya up. I'm always looking for new quick meals. These could also double as good meals to implement while wheeling. Either simple foods for the trails, or simple to prepare foods for camp.

Bachelor meals that I eat on the regular:
*Albacore tuna in bowl with mayo, lemon pepper seasoning, and chili cheese fritos or Cheetos mixed in with it. (don't knock it til you try it, if you like tuna)
*Ramen noodles of course
*Grilled cheese
*(most recent one) Grilled cheese with BBQ chicken. Buy cans of chunk chicken, put in bowl, use desired seasonings like bbq, Cajun, garlic salt, cumin, etc, pour in desired bbq sauce, mix and chop up, and make grilled cheeses with the chicken added in the sammich.
*Common staple - Hamburger Helper 4 cheese lasagna or the stroganoff. with Hungry Jack taters, and Mac & Cheese and/or Green Beans from a can.

Steak and tater, cover both side of the steak with veggie oil, salt 1 liberally with sea salt
Heat the grill to 650* cook for 3 mins, flip, cook 3 mins, flip, shut down the dampers and let rest for 3 mins

Chicken Parmesan, fry a chicken breast, cover in pizza sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese, bake until the cheese is melted

Grilled beef tenderloin with a blue cheese cream sauce, and white cheddar mashed taters

BBQ shrimp
INGREDIENTS
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus 12 tbsp. cut into ½" cubes and chilled
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup Crystal hot sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. Creole seasoning
4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 ½ lb. head-on large shrimp, unpeeled
Kosher salt, to taste
French bread, for serving

INSTRUCTIONS
Heat 3 tbsp. butter in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook until soft, 1-2 minutes. Add hot sauce, Worcestershire, juice, Creole seasoning, and pepper. Bring to a simmer; cook until sauce is reduced by half, 5-7 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, flipping once, until cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in chilled butter to make a smooth sauce. Season with salt. Serve with French bread.

Seared tuna in a butter wasabi sauce
2 tuna steaks, around 1-inch thick
~2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
Kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 clove garlic, minced (or smashed)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons wasabi paste
3 green onions, chopped
Juice from 1 lemon

Cover sesame oil on both sides of each tuna steak.
Season with salt and pepper.

Combine everything else in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly - do not burn the butter! Tuna is pretty mild, so don't overdo it with the Wasabi!

Get a cast iron skillet and drizzle a bit of the sesame oil in it and heat it over high heat just until the oil starts smoking - then throw in the Tuna steaks. I like mine pretty rare so I flip them after a couple of minutes, just long enough to get a good sear, crispy crust and nice red meat in the center. If you like your fish DONE then I'd recommend turning the heat down to medium and cooking for 5 minutes or so per side.

I own a restaurant so after helping out there, wife runs it, I don't cook at home. Don't even like using the grill most of the time.

I'd be interested in learning a new sauce for grilling wings. Right now I use a mix of Dale's Low Sodium and Moore's Wing Sauce, at a mix of about 40% Dales and 60% Moore's and it is pretty good. I grill the wings naked and seasoned heavily with Cajun seasoning, toss them, back on the grill, cook til they get some good charring, toss again, and serve. By no means a master wing cooker, but those always end up being pretty damn good. I've just ate others' sauces that I liked better than mine. I don't like really spicy **** either! :****:

5BrothersFabrication said:
Just ate a bowl of chili, dippin peanut butter sammiches in it. Mmmm... :eat:

I freakin LOVE dippin peanut butter sandwiches(or peanut butter cookies) in chili :woot:
I was starting to think nobody else gets this...

Haha, never would think to dip anything peanut butter in chili, however, I'm not big on peanut butter or anything with a sweet side in general really....unless it's in a beer :****:

Got home from work and the girlfriend came over and left birthday cards for me and a fresh, untouched tater tot casserole in the oven all for me. Best gift I've had in a long damn time! I fawkin love food!

7d0866ddfe584378fc354d979039f6a7.jpg

a49db25864cfcbef0fbe519c2e8f2b32.jpg

Re:

Brown a family pack of hamburger meat in a pan (2 lbs I think). Spread it out evenly in baking dish. Then spread 2 cans cream of chicken and one can cream of mushroom on top of beef (mix those up in a bowl first if you want to spread the taste out more evenly). Sprinkle a good layer of your favorite shredded cheese on it evenly. Then take a 2 lb bag of tots and place each one in even rows until the whole thing is covered. Sprinkle more cheese on top then bake in the oven at 450 (I'm pretty sure), for roughly 40 minutes or so. Lately I've been leaving it in a bit longer to ensure all the tots are cooked done enough for my taste.

There's other things you can do like putting in onions but I leave em out. I usually salt and pepper the meat pretty good, sometimes even douce in a little dales sauce while browning the meat. **** is sooooo good. I got 6 hefty helpings out of this dish packed up to carry to work.

We also tried making it with chili instead of cream of mushroom/chicken, but it wasn't as good to me. Tasted just like chili cheese tots from sonic though.

DirtMonkey said:
I freakin LOVE dippin peanut butter sandwiches(or peanut butter cookies) in chili :woot:
I was starting to think nobody else gets this...
Done this since I was a little ****. Love it!

yankster said:
Done this since I was a little ****. Love it!

Try putting a spoonful of peanut butter in the chili. It sounds disgusting but isn't. I quit adding cheese to my chili and just throw a glob of PB in and stir until melted.

Latest posts