• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

THE OFFICIAL FOOD THREAD

kinda got hooked on a sausage dip lately
brown a pound of sausage in a frying pan, add a block of cream cheese and a can of Rotel (I also drop a chunk of Velveeta in but I like it cheesy) and simmer for about 10 minutes then eat with "scoop" tortilla chips!! :eat:
There are several variations here, spicy sausage, hot or mild Rotel, just velveeta, I have even used hamburger meat instead of sausage but it wasn't as good to me.

infamous1 said:
kinda got hooked on a sausage dip lately
brown a pound of sausage in a frying pan, add a block of cream cheese and a can of Rotel (I also drop a chunk of Velveeta in but I like it cheesy) and simmer for about 10 minutes then eat with "scoop" tortilla chips!! :eat:
There are several variations here, spicy sausage, hot or mild Rotel, just velveeta, I have even used hamburger meat instead of sausage but it wasn't as good to me.

I've never heard of the cream cheese thing...would probably be easier to dip that way. I usually just use velveeta, hot sausage, and a half can of rotel (unless I make a double batch). Soon as it cools off, it's hard to dip. May have to try that cream cheese.

kmcminn said:
Bought the stuff for tater tot casserole. Cooking gumbo tonight.

Cook it up homo.....put a **** in it so you can eat that too. :flipoff1:

Kidding, you'll like that casserole. I think it is better with 2 cans of cream of chicken and only 1 can of cream of mushroom. Make sure to season the meat for the best overall taste after it's done

TacomaJD said:
Cook it up homo.....put a **** in it so you can eat that too. :flipoff1:

Kidding, you'll like that casserole. I think it is better with 2 cans of cream of chicken and only 1 can of cream of mushroom. Make sure to season the meat for the best overall taste after it's done

Should come out just before I have to leave for work. hitit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 106
My wife bought me a smaller Green egg for Christmas, (and my burthday, and Valentines Day, and Easter, MLK Day and Fathers Day) without knowing that I had previously made fun of folks that had them. I cooked some bbq chicken thighs on it Sat. and man I'm a believer! Smoked them for about 2 hours with cherry wopod and tossed them in sauce at the end and they were fine!

Here is a healthy recipe:

Take a head of cauliflower, piece it up and boil it for 6 minutes. Drain it, pat it dry and put in a blender (still hot) with half a stick of butter (or some sour cream), grated cheese and a spoonfull of the garlic in a jar, then blend it and you have instant healthy "mashed potatoes". They are really good to if you bake them in a dish to melt a layer of cheese on them.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Had a friend just make cauliflower like that and I was pretty impressed.

The problem I found was eating them like mashed potatoes and forgetting that cauliflower was mostly fiber. I nearly blew my pants off farting all night. 1st time I dutch ovened the wife since our honeymoon!!! :****:

taught my seven year old the dutch oven, it is now her favorite move,she says I'm gonna spit straight up if you dont get under the covers!!lol
I am making a tater tot casserole tomorrow nite so I will be the judge of your food weirdness JD.

I'm a hearty meal kinda guy, guess that's why I like the tater tot casserole so much. Plus I can make 6 meals out of it and easily have enough food for work for a few days. If you don't season the meat just right, it back be rather bland. Probably wouldn't hurt to salt it after laying down the cream of chicken and mushroom. I over seasoned the meat one time. I usually pour in a little Dale's sauce when browning the meat and it turns out good (I like salty stuff, but not dicks like McMinn), but I poured too much Dale's in once and it was STRONG tasting lol. Way too much.

I also think it would be good with some finely diced jalapenos mixed in with the meat.

TacomaJD said:
I'm a hearty meal kinda guy, guess that's why I like the tater tot casserole so much. Plus I can make 6 meals out of it and easily have enough food for work for a few days. If you don't season the meat just right, it back be rather bland. Probably wouldn't hurt to salt it after laying down the cream of chicken and mushroom. I over seasoned the meat one time. I usually pour in a little Dale's sauce when browning the meat and it turns out good (I like salty stuff, but not dicks like McMinn), but I poured too much Dale's in once and it was STRONG tasting lol. Way too much.

I also think it would be good with some finely diced jalapenos mixed in with the meat.

Bacon wrapped tater tots for the win! Wrap them dudes up and bake em thumb.gif

I like bacon wrapped deer tenderloin chunks with jalapenos! I usually cook it with sirloin tips instead since I don't have deer meat on hand, like most.

soak Sirloin tips in Dale's Sauce, put a jalapeno slice on a chunk after they soaked for a bit, wrap it in bacon, stick a toothpick through it, repeat. Seemed to be more tender baked in the oven to me than the few times I've grilled them. Of course I may have just grilled them to death on my gas grill using too low of heat. molaugh I'm learning!

man we tore that tater tot casserole up!! i put some dales in while browning it and it was good!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150128_183212_183.jpg
    IMG_20150128_183212_183.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20150128_185044_772.jpg
    IMG_20150128_185044_772.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 83
Haha I'm amazed at how big of a hit the tater tot casserole has became! Lol Glad you liked it man! I told the girlfriend that I'd be ok with it if every time I opened the fridge, there was leftover tater tot casserole in there....

TacomaJD said:
Haha I'm amazed at how big of a hit the tater tot casserole has became! Lol Glad you liked it man! I told the girlfriend that I'd be ok with it if every time I opened the fridge, there was leftover tater tot casserole in there....

You could do the same thing but with chili instead of cream of soups!

Latest posts