• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

THE OFFICIAL FOOD THREAD

money_pit_yj said:
You could do the same thing but with chili instead of cream of soups!

I did that with Hormel no bean chili and to me, the cream soups are better, although the chili wasn't that bad. It was like a giant order of chili cheese tots from Sonic.

pretty much put any combo of meats/taters/vegetables/cheese that you like in the oven with "cream of whatever" soup and it makes a hell of a meal.

experiment as necessary.

:stir:

Re:

Damn right, hardy meal experimentation. I could see adding green beans, corn, pintos lol I'm hungry right now! Bout to drank this beer and make some spaghetti!

I'm a single fella myself but once a week some friends and I get together and a couple of the girls cook us up a meal and for the past month its been all healthy **** ( Ill admit its been tasty, but healthy is no fun). Tonight I don't even think I got to finish saying the words "Tater Tot Casserole" and one of the girls interrupted me and said we could give that healthy **** a break for a week.

DirtMonkey said:
I freakin LOVE dippin peanut butter sandwiches(or peanut butter cookies) in chili :woot:
I was starting to think nobody else gets this...

My old lady gives me hell about that. I can't even think about chili without a peanut butter and honey sammich.

The Luke. Lebanon, TN

onepieceatatime said:
The name of this thread should be "Official Tater Tot Casserole Thread"

Don't give me a dislike but I am going to try and steer away from tater tot casserole. When I was single and lived in a trailer 17 miles from everywhere me and my bulldog would have welfare Wednesdays. Simple dish all made from government provided ingredients (I bought mine).

Take a package of smoked sausage, kielbasa, cheddar brats etc. and slice up and throw in a skillet. Beat some eggs and a shot of whole milk in a bowl (I usually used about 8-10) and dump it in the skillet with a big ole handful of grated cheese then right as it is getting done pour taco sauce or chili sauce or whatever sauce you think might be good. You can serve over a bed of brown minute rice or eat out of the pan, however you wanna do it. First few times i cooked it for my wife she wouldn't eat it so me and the bulldog would sit at the table and throwdown, then she ate it one night and now...she still hates it. I keep the ingredients around so when she has "girls night" I get welfare wednesday meal minus the Old English 800 of course! Nobody else but me and the bulldog will eat it my house, but you cant cook enough at deer camp!!!

Re:

^^^^^^ I'm in the waiting room at the social security office and just got a bunch of weird looks becaise this made me laugh my ass off

Hamburger meat with taco seasoning, Corn Chips, refried beans, Cheese, Cooked at camp in the cast iron. Goodness.

Attachments

• AutumnThump089.jpg
    AutumnThump089.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 90
Re:

If I weren't on Tapacrap, I would use my first "like" on that. Looks good. Almost anything cooked by the fire in cast iron is good!

infamous1 said:
we gon do a tater to casserole with sausage instead of hamburger for breakfast I let yall know how that shakes out!!

I had wondered how that would be. My thinking was that Velveeta cheese dip is much better with Sausage, might as well try tater tot casserole with it. Dammit, excellent idea for a breakfast casserole. Sausage, bunch of scrambled eggs, layer of cheese, layer of white gravy, layer of tater tots, and more cheese on top. Bet that would be the ****! Might try that next!

Nothing special but what we call redneck sushi is a good party favorite.

1. Cut some jalapeños in half then take the cores and seeds out. I prefer the smaller peppers because the big ones hold to much cream cheese.
2. Fill with cream cheese
3. Stick a little smokie on top
4. Wrap with bacon then add a toothpick
5. Cook them in the oven around 350 until the bacon looks done.

Always make sure you're there when the peppers are bought. Some assholes like to throw some habeneros in there while you aren't looking.

Re: Re: THE OFFICIAL FOOD THREAD

85toyo said:
Nothing special but what we call redneck sushi is a good party favorite.

1. Cut some jalapeños in half then take the cores and seeds out. I prefer the smaller peppers because the big ones hold to much cream cheese.
2. Fill with cream cheese
3. Stick a little smokie on top
4. Wrap with bacon then add a toothpick
5. Cook them in the oven around 350 until the bacon looks done.

Always make sure you're there when the peppers are bought. Some assholes like to throw some habeneros in there while you aren't looking.
I make all mine with habanero...

TBItoy said:
I make all mine with habanero...

You're tougher than me.

My buddies tricked me and brought one to me while I was working on something. I knew something didn't look right but they assured me that it was a jalapeño. Going down wasn't all that bad but it lit me up later.

85toyo said:
You're tougher than me.

My buddies tricked me and brought one to me while I was working on something. I knew something didn't look right but they assured me that it was a jalapeño. Going down wasn't all that bad but it lit me up later.

A guy a used to work with grew habaneros in his rose bushes, the habaneros were super sweet/floral and spicy. :eat: :eat: :eat:

I chop them up and put'em in ham'n'beans.

Here's a concoction we make occasionally:

Noodles
Ground beef seasoned Italian style
Broccoli (frozen, I throw it in the noodles when they are almost done)
Mushroom stems and caps (canned, I throw them in the meat when it's almost done)
Alfredo or Parmesan cheese sauce

Mix it all together.
:eat:

Sometimes I'll use chicken, or Italian sausage (or a mixture),
Or add some peppers and onions.

Good ****

Latest posts