• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Open

money_pit_yj

I know some may do the Crossfitting, anybody in the open? I am but most of the people below me have missed one or all of the workouts. How are you guys that are doing it stacking up against the rest of the world?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

money_pit_yj said:
I know some may do the Crossfitting, anybody in the open? I am but most of the people below me have missed one or all of the workouts. How are you guys that are doing it stacking up against the rest of the world?

My wife is in it, I'm not sure what position she is in tho. I think she is doing fairly well

I'm currently ranked at number 10385 for U.S. men ages 35-39. I'm not what one might consider a "games level" athlete! It's fun though.

This is the first year I haven't done it in 3 or 4 years. It always fun to compete against other in your gym and see how you stack up. I am glad I don't have to do 19.5!

I started Crossfit in November. I love it, but I can only do 3 days a week because I have to have time to recover. I am the token fat kid. Me signing up for the Open is stupid, but it was fun so i guess it was worth it.

Didn't do the open this year but have done it the passed 5-6 years. Not in the same shape and taking away regionals makes me not care as much for the open.

I hit the 20 minute time cap with 150 reps Rx. I'm unconcerned about the elimination of regionals. That's for athletes that are a much higher caliber than I.

I got some Reebok lifters one of y'all needs.
Size 12 I think , $50

72e3c5c78c14aa555de26d6dcdd8dd1a.jpg

40767cf0c6ea0b9c4058112f2040601e.jpg

I might be interested in those lifters

I did the open scaled and pretty happy with my outcome. I did 19.5 in 12:21 so eh. It liked to kill me though. Ive been at it for a year and a half so im pretty happy with my progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

offroadman83 said:
I might be interested in those lifters

I did the open scaled and pretty happy with my outcome. I did 19.5 in 12:21 so eh. It liked to kill me though. Ive been at it for a year and a half so im pretty happy with my progress.

Out of curiosity... with a completion time of 12:21, what was the reason for your decision to scale 19.5?

smbroady82 said:
I got some Reebok lifters one of y'all needs.
Size 12 I think , $50

72e3c5c78c14aa555de26d6dcdd8dd1a.jpg

40767cf0c6ea0b9c4058112f2040601e.jpg

It would be epic if there was a place a man could post stuff for sale on this forum instead of clogging up peoples threads with shoes and spare green egg parts :rolf:

I guess I've been under a rock. Or I just live on the ball field with my girls. WTF is "The open" . What happened to just lifting weights?

Re: Re: The Open

waggener1 said:
Out of curiosity... with a completion time of 12:21, what was the reason for your decision to scale 19.5?
I scaled the whole thing....i get a better workout that way and im not that advanced.

truckbroke said:
I guess I've been under a rock. Or I just live on the ball field with my girls. WTF is "The open" . What happened to just lifting weights?

It is a Crossfit thing. Everyone does the same workout every week and you post your scores. The top athletes compete in the Crossfit games. I used to lift weights and I would get to where I could move a house but get out of breath going up stairs. Crossfit is less boring than pounding out miles on a treadmill and I am in as good of shape as I have been in 15 years, not quite as strong but my deadlift has gone up 90lbs in 3 months so I am getting back to where I was quick. I don't get to bench press and do the meat headed lifts in the gym, but I have more mobility and endurance so I will take it. Im nowhere near good at it or passionate about it but I wasn't about traditional training either......there are some who give it a bad rep. It is fun, I will probably die carrying a barbell and an axe across the gym on a medicine ball but hey we gotta go somehow right?

Did anyone get a chance at Murph over the Memorial Day weekend? Who did it with a 20lb vest??? Any "Games level" athletes on here do it in under 40 minutes???