• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The rebuild of a rebuild

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
Drug this thing out of the bushes a couple weeks ago for another rebuild.:rolleyes:

Getting rid of some of the ghetto fab(more like making prettier ghetto fab:haha:)

Anyways, it got another axle swap, took 1 inch of body lift out(I'd like to get rid of it all but it's not worth it to redo the headers/exhaust at this point), new driveshafts(well, shortened old ones), new spring/shackle mounts, new shock mounts/bump stops, yada yada.

Still need to pull the dash as the heater box went up in flames one day(always keep a fire extinguisher in your rig). Motor is out to be rebuilt or replaced, then all the nickle and dime BS

a30-2.jpg

a33-2.jpg

Hopefully it stays together longer this go 'round

sure hows $200 sound. wheeled alot but still work! :fawkdancesmiley:

:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

At least someone got some use out of them:awesomework:

New engine
327, .030 over, 10.5:1, forged crank/pistons, arp rod bolts, ported/polished camel hump heads w/screw in studs, crane gold series roller rockers, prof. products intake, sig erson cam, 830 cfm holley. Should run real good at 7000rpm:eeek:

327.jpg

3272.jpg

yeah017.jpg

No chrome doesn't get you home, but it makes you feel way mo badder asser when posting pictures on the interweb

had this little guy stop buy to check out the progress. He also made a buffet out of the flowers:haha:

yeah010.jpg

yeah011.jpg

Last edited:
Got the rear suspension pretty much finished up. Pulled everything out, painted it, added a brace to the shackles, built up the u-bolt plates so the bolts don't tear up the bumps, welded the spiders, welded the tubes to the center section, made a pinion guard, disc swap, etc.

yeah002.jpg

yeah003.jpg

yeah006.jpg

looks sik but i hope you beef up those bump stop mounts...

I've been debating this. They should be fine unless this thing sees some big air. I'll throw a brace in them.

now werent you working on a ford shortbed? or is that someone else? looks good. Ive always liked your paintjob.:awesomework:

Yup, and a chevy luv, and a first gen yota too:redneck:. Thanks for the comments :beer:

what kind of shocks are you running, the rig looks sik with the low stance, are you going to hack out your fenders or what?

Cut out the old poo pipe roll bar that was in it and built a real cage for it. Mounted the steering column, and ignition box, and misc junk. Crossin my fingers for a shake down run in the back yard this weekend :squirrel::squirrel:

yeah.jpg