• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Squirrel (Samurai Slow Build)

Hope Springs Hauler

For better or worse I am going to document the evolution of my samurai. It is not as detailed as some folks, mostly because I forget to get out the camera.

This is nothing new, but semi-budget friendly (until lately ;D)

When I got the Samurai (I couldn't wait to put on the 36SXs and beadlocks)
side1_502660.jpg

1st trip out the rear leaf springs snapped so I linked the rear with a 13" stretch and put it on a propane diet
dsc_0194.jpg

Then an unfortunate "incident" :flipoff1: happened with a tree and the squirrel needed a lot more tube

6-10-12.jpg

And a 11" front stretch with links....

stretch_2.jpg

Now that it is almost finished

almost_there.jpg

Current phase of the build

Strip out 1.3L, trans, 5.14 Tcase and propane system

Install L67 (3800 SeriesII SC) TF904, D300 and let it eat

dylanw said:
What wheelbase did it end up at? Around 105"?

depending on who is holding the other end of the tape, it is 104"-105"

With just the rear stretch, it felt great climbing hills, but :eek: going down them

Yeah I know that feeling. That's how mine was at a 98" wheelbase. I'm planning on stretching the front out about 7 more inches to hit 105". Have you gotten to go riding at that wheelbase yet? If so, how do you like it?

Just now got the front stretched when the new drivetrain kinda fell in my lap. Kinda thinking after i get a bit of wheeling time, I'll have to step up to at least a true 37". My 36" SXs only measure 33.5 at 3 psi

You'll have to let me know what you think about it as far as turning goes on technical stuff. Thanks man.

Reservoir came in, Dana 300 with twin sticks came in.

Adam, yes I am that slow :-[. At least you have 1 goal. Just when I am close to done, the finish line moves. In the past year I have added a second kid, had a second round of cancer surgery and spent several months in Tennessee. Not to mention that I am allergic to the cold :wtflol:

Time for stripping the current drivetrain and plating the frame.

Latest posts