• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Ultimate Trail Bouncer Build

It is marketing. Crating excitement about their work. We live in a click bait society. If you are going to feed all the families of the guys working for you, marketing is neccesary. Not to mention the fact that it probably makes the customer feel good to hear he has the baddest trail bouncer ever built
Just ok is not ok.

In your signature you have "trailing arms galore" why be egotistical and not just say "trailing arms"? Do you have the best trailing arms ever? Are yours better than everyone elses? :dunno:

A sucker is born every day.

I think you need to look up what galore means, bud.

maybe they meant "I don't have an Atlas"...

I will say that I have maybe/possibly never seen anyone use a front dig while trail riding besides doing a front burn smoke show on a slab rock.

I use fwd only alot on my peasant trail riding trails and hard slinky turn trails. It turns much better and you jus let the rear tires bump a tree to sharpen the turn. Front spool obviously.

I can see the value in it.
I just mostly rode Toyotas and with people with Toyotas and Jeeps with stock chain drive type cases... which don't have front drive capability... but it's been a bunch of years since I've done much/any riding...

In my 4runner buggy thing, I did use "rear dig" super low RWD to reposition the rear end, or let it drop off a ledge. It was pretty helpful as my steering was strong enough to push the rear end around.

The only rig I've spent a lot of time in that had an Atlas also had rear steer, so digs weren't really the first choice in maneuverability.

All this bitching about the straight drive. Front digs are for poor people who can't afford rear steer (me).

Lots of guys hating on a rig they could never afford the parts list for. It's not my style, but that doesn't mean it won't work like everything else he's sent out the door.

I like burkey's chassis, I could never afford this buggy, but I would drive the **** out. Mine only comes out of low if I'm riding the roads around the house. If I build another one it will have 4L80 with a scs.

Man, this is terrible. Did nobody's Mama tell them that if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Wether everyone is a fan or not, this is a awesome buggy. I been on the trails for years, and a trail rig is whatever budgets and ideas allow. If it's 850 and straight drive is what you can afford and want to trail ride with, it's a trail rig. Got a toyota on leaf springs (me) it's a trail rig. So what if we are riding the same trail all day long. Personally if I had the dough I'd be in one just as extreme. And how many trail rigs come out of low. Probably the ones who are street legal most of the time.

Great build guys, nice job as always

Meh, it's just the "Ultimate Trail Rig" title. Probably Ultimate for this certain customer.

Personal preference tho.

I'd want a stereo, cup holders, whisper quiet exhaust, heat, AC, and I wouldn't want to run race gas or listen to bypasses click clack all day...

But some people trail ride on 450 motocross bikes too, and wouldn't want any thing else

... just backup until it sounds expensive. ....

Thats the plan for going forward too, right?
...as big as the shockhoops on that darkwing duck plane looking thing.

BIGGEST BADDEST STRONGEST ULTIMATE MEANEST ANGRIEST NASTIEST BUZZWORDS

100% fully definitely total commitment, all the time, for sure

Not my jam, but I'm sure its well built and hopefully its $100k of ultimate for that dude

Thats the plan for going forward too, right?

It's funny that people always act like you can't see anything out the front of our chassis. Even though they have never sat in one. The reason for the tall shock hoops is more up travel and you can see better out the front of our buggies than a Jeep. They are probably the same people riding around with 2 inches of travel before the bump stops hit and think their suspension is dialed...

It's funny that people always act like you can't see anything out the front of our chassis. Even though they have never sat in one. The reason for the tall shock hoops is more up travel and you can see better out the front of our buggies than a Jeep. They are probably the same people riding around with 2 inches of travel before the bump stops hit and think their suspension is dialed...
Exactly. Some might say, "up travel is for the rich." :rolf:

@BustedKnucklefilms 10-4. Not like it's in my budget anyways. Mainly just curious. Im 6'4". But I'm also about 75% torso.
Me too. I had a local buggy Builder call me excited one day and say "I've finally got a buggy you will fit in... I'm building it for a guy 6'5" plus a helmet.

I sat in it and my head was 2 inches above the TOP of the roof bars.... dammit!
You guys sound like some knuckle draggers booyang But yup I'm 6'8" and 4 foot wide so I've yet to fit in anything with room

You guys sound like some knuckle draggers booyang But yup I'm 6'8" and 4 foot wide so I've yet to fit in anything with room
Damn, 6'8" is up there. As mentioned above, I am confident a competent chassis builder could accommodate for varying driver heights.