• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Ultimate Trail Bouncer Build

sounds like you rode with some mouthbreathers :rolf:

I use front (and rear) digs all the time...like Andrew, at least 10+ times per trip. Its insanely useful for maneuvering on the trails and getting on obstacles where you want to be vs just pulling up to the bottom, kissing your sister, and standing on the gas with your eyes closed. Hell, I pretty much exclusively go down steep obstacles and hills in FWD only. Once you do that and get used to it, its crazy how much better the buggy will perform.

Jokes aside, I know not everyone has it...and not everyone needs it, but an ultimate trail rig will 100% have that ability.

Just catching up on this post lol. Ok Lee so I have to admit that I'm the mouth breather Jeremy (POR) is talking about regarding the Atlas front dig deal. The dude literally uses front dig at least 100 times a day. So at KOH years ago when my Jeeps Atlas was new and my cable shifters probably weren't set just right it was a total pita to get my case to shift in and out of gear. At the time Jeremy was running a d300 and his case would shift like butter. So anyway, after fighting with my shifters a few times I just said F it, I'm done with front burns for now, my atlas doesn't shift easily like your 300 Jeremy. He looked at me like I was crazy haha.

I will say that the linkage shifters in my buggy are 100% the way to go. I use front only all the time now that I can easily shift it.

Lol... go out to your local trails and start telling people to front burn.. they'll look at you crazy and then follow up with i can't front burn i have an atlas hahahaha.. its a thing.. seriously.. lol

I heard you cussing your Atlas once this year Jeremy when you were switching from rear burn to front burn. It made me happy to see you struggling with it. :flipoff1:

I don't think everyone is a hater, Mostly just you. :flipoff1:

Your posts say otherwise.

Why is it anytime there are different opinions the " hater " phrase comes out. Most over used phrase on the interweb. I hate it lol

It stems from the whole everyone gets a trophy mentality and your parents always told you that you were the best at everything generation. Easier to just label everyone haters than have to accept the fact that the "haters" may actually be right from time to time. As a matter of fact, anyone that uses the term hater when referring to criticism lobbed at them immediately comes off as immature to me. Especially when it is a business. I would rather see a reply of "**** off" than to listen to bitching about haters :****:molaugh

I'm glad your still posting stuff here Matt. A lot of others in the industry have moved on. Good looking build! How long until there is a completed video?

I'm glad your still posting stuff here Matt. A lot of others in the industry have moved on. Good looking build! How long until there is a completed video?
Picking everything up from Powder today so hopefully we will have the finished video up in a few weeks.

I heard you cussing your Atlas once this year Jeremy when you were switching from rear burn to front burn. It made me happy to see you struggling with it. :flipoff1:
Hahahahahaha!!!! They definatly don't shift like a 300 thats for sure lol.. it's getting better though.. i swear anytime you were in the vicinity the damn thing would say nope not gonna shift smoothly lol!!! I wish I could remember who Nazir said machined his atlas.. you could shift his case upside down standing on your head with your pinky finger.

Why is it anytime there are different opinions the " hater " phrase comes out. Most over used phrase on the interweb. I hate it lol

I thought it was "send it"... maybe its just my area Hahahaha

There really is no promotion like self-promotion!!! If you don't believe in your self, or your work , why would anyone else ? " Can you build me chassis? " I don't know I might do some thing that will do ok! I will charge you a lot of money" Or Hell yea! I can build you ""THE ULTIMATE TRAIL BOUNCER""!! Yes Click bait sells also!! Don't really matter who you are "believe in your self" Jessie James said " People with money like to spend it on one of a kind work" He is doing pretty well !! Good luck to all the builders out there!! I hope everyone in this business grows !!

Yes some haters are good ! Quote , Usually from older competitors " I hated that guy!! But the truth is he always made me push to be better!!" " I'm a winner today because of him!" Don't surround your self with nut swingers!! You will never push to grow!

Just catching up on this post lol. Ok Lee so I have to admit that I'm the mouth breather Jeremy (POR) is talking about regarding the Atlas front dig deal. The dude literally uses front dig at least 100 times a day. So at KOH years ago when my Jeeps Atlas was new and my cable shifters probably weren't set just right it was a total pita to get my case to shift in and out of gear. At the time Jeremy was running a d300 and his case would shift like butter. So anyway, after fighting with my shifters a few times I just said F it, I'm done with front burns for now, my atlas doesn't shift easily like your 300 Jeremy. He looked at me like I was crazy haha.

I will say that the linkage shifters in my buggy are 100% the way to go. I use front only all the time now that I can easily shift it.

hey man the first step of recovery is admitting!

Hahahahahaha!!!! They definatly don't shift like a 300 thats for sure lol.. it's getting better though.. i swear anytime you were in the vicinity the damn thing would say nope not gonna shift smoothly lol!!! I wish I could remember who Nazir said machined his atlas.. you could shift his case upside down standing on your head with your pinky finger.

no syncros in one and itll do that too ... shame that AA wont build them like that anymore

Back from powder and going back together, what do ya'll think of this color?

Matt,
Honest question why powder coat over paint? Touch up would be a PITA right? I can understand its a little more durable than paint. I'm at the point where I'm deciding weather to powder coat or paint my cage. Everything I see make me lean paint. I'd love to hear an argument for powder.

Matt,
Honest question why powder coat over paint? Touch up would be a PITA right? I can understand its a little more durable than paint. I'm at the point where I'm deciding weather to powder coat or paint my cage. Everything I see make me lean paint. I'd love to hear an argument for powder.
Powder is just awesome for a show quality build !! If you ride and don't mind body damage and scratches. Paint it.. use a color that matches easy and touches up well. Riding is more fun when damages and scratches are not a issue..

Matt,

It is a quality thing for us, I wouldn't want to pay 100k for a build and it get painted instead of powder coat.