• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Ultimate Trail Bouncer Build

Powder is just awesome for a show quality build !! If you ride and don't mind body damage and scratches. Paint it.. use a color that matches easy and touches up well. Riding is more fun when damages and scratches are not a issue..
I definitely don't want to worry about dragging it on a rock. I am thinking steel-it black.

Matt,
Honest question why powder coat over paint? Touch up would be a PITA right? I can understand its a little more durable than paint. I'm at the point where I'm deciding weather to powder coat or paint my cage. Everything I see make me lean paint. I'd love to hear an argument for powder.
More durable, easier to clean, and if you paint it with anything decent you're going to have a whole day in prep and painting. Plus painting a chassis is very difficult to get coverage everywhere so you end up with thin spots that rust over time in my experience.
I had around $150 in supplies to do my rzr cage and could have had it Powdercoated for $400. By the time I figured my time would have been cheaper to go powder.

It's easier to get good results on tube structures with powdercoat. Ends up being cheaper for higher quality.

We recently went through this at work after our painter quit, now we get everything powdered and it is a bit cheaper than what we had in time+material to get a finish the boss was happy with.

I spray painted one chassis.....never again.
Powder gets my money from now on, plus its way more durable if its done right

I had the fans similar to that in a jeep a while back. Its noisy is the only drawback, but its better than being hot as heck in the summer

What about the overhead fan mounts? I need to see this...how well does it work?

And will they be on pushing mode into the driver's head or pull mode sucking heat out of the cab? Will there be a variable speed control on them as well? Sounds like a good idea, just thinking of all the details along the way

Just some advice from your #3 fan. The bustedmooseknuckle difference.

...who's #1 and #2?

200.gif

Latest posts