• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Ultimate Trail Bouncer Build

BustedKnucklefilms

On this episode of Busted Knuckle Builds we are finally ready to show you our latest turnkey rock bouncer build. A client from Louisiana wanted us to build the Ultimate Trail Rig and we did just that. Jake Burkey and the team here at the Busted Knuckle Off Road Shop started with a Riot race chassis and fitted it with heavy duty Dana 80 axles. Then we dropped in a Whipple Supercharged LS engine set at a mild 850 horsepower. It is backed by a Turbo 400 trans and SCS straight drive transfer case all before getting split between two heavy duty BKOR 1480 one piece driveshafts. Radflo coil carriers and triple bypass race shocks pull dampening duty and PSC runs the front and rear steering thanks to our electric rear steer kit. RCV 47 spline axles keep the 43 SX stickies turning on KMC beadlock wheels. We topped all of this awesomeness off with a custom aluminum interior, removable winch, and a ton of Rigid Industries lights to top it all off. Now everything is off to powder coating and we can't wait to show you what this rock buggy build looks like in full color on the next episode! Then is time for some Rock Bouncing action in one of the nicest rock bouncing buggies we have built to date.

2 questions.
1-When did 850hp become mild for a trail rig?
2- Who thought a straight drive case is a good idea in a trail rig?

Ego has nothing to do with it and I don't really care if you like our chassis as long as our customers do. :dblthumb:

Ego has everything to do with it or else you guys wouldn't be claiming that everything you build is the absolute best ever.

Actually would've been cool to see a purpose built trail chassis with some creature comforts rather than just throwing everything into the bouncer chassis. I mean, where do you put a cooler on that thing? Planning on a reverse camera? Roof? Toolbox?

Ego has everything to do with it or else you guys wouldn't be claiming that everything you build is the absolute best ever.

Actually would've been cool to see a purpose built trail chassis with some creature comforts rather than just throwing everything into the bouncer chassis. I mean, where do you put a cooler on that thing? Planning on a reverse camera? Roof? Toolbox?
YUP! :dblthumb:

You are entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it may be... When did it become egotistic to be excited about what you are doing? What is with all the negativity? We truly love what we do here at the shop, this isn't made up for TV stuff. We call this the Ultimate trail rig because it has just about every bell and whistle you can put on one, this isn't mine or Jake's personal rig so we build them how the customer wants them.

Cooler can go in the passenger floorboard or strapped somewhere else like most bouncers (we now have a Trail chassis to address this) No reverse camera just backup until it sounds expensive. It has a full roof with fans that blow down on the occupants to keep the cool in the Louisiana summertime heat. This is just the 1st episode of this build, when it gets back from powder and is fully assembled maybe it will be more clear. It's one of the nicest we have built to date.

I appreciate your concern, we will keep building buggies that make our customers happy and you can keep hating on them on the internet, doesn't make much difference to us.

I guess your supposed to come out and say your junk sucks?:dunno: I mean, who doesn't understand its advertising? I would ride the hell out of it!! And maybe just maybe, the customer is getting exactly what he wanted? Who knows!

2 questions.
There is simple answers to this....
1.i am guessing he was using mild sarcastically but when you have trail rode your 500-600hp rig for the last X years and are ready to step up your trail riding game, but don't feel like being fully commited to racing.
2.don't know much about straight drive, but i know 2 out of the 4 speeds on my atlas are useless to me.

You are entitled to your opinion, as wrong as it may be... When did it become egotistic to be excited about what you are doing? What is with all the negativity? We truly love what we do here at the shop, this isn't made up for TV stuff. We call this the Ultimate trail rig because it has just about every bell and whistle you can put on one, this isn't mine or Jake's personal rig so we build them how the customer wants them.

Cooler can go in the passenger floorboard or strapped somewhere else like most bouncers (we now have a Trail chassis to address this) No reverse camera just backup until it sounds expensive. It has a full roof with fans that blow down on the occupants to keep the cool in the Louisiana summertime heat. This is just the 1st episode of this build, when it gets back from powder and is fully assembled maybe it will be more clear. It's one of the nicest we have built to date.

I appreciate your concern, we will keep building buggies that make our customers happy and you can keep hating on them on the internet, doesn't make much difference to us.

I never said it was egotistic to be excited about what you do. I said it's egotistic to claim everything you do is the best that's ever been done.

Negativity? This is Hardline, you should have some idea what to expect here.

Don't mistake my comments on your "brand" for concern.

Last edited:
I never said it was egotistic to be excited about what you do. I said it's egotistic to claim everything you do is the best that's ever been done.

Negativity? This is Hardline, you should have some idea what to expect here.

Don't mistake my comments on your "brand" for concern.

I can twist your words just like you can twist mine. Never claimed that everything we have done is the best ever.
With that being said a lot of thought and engineering goes into everything we do whether it be building buggies or marketing them.

Negativity is rampant in today's society, it's something we are all used to, doesn't make it right or a good thing.

Don't lie to yourself, I can tell you are a big fan. ;)

I can twist your words just like you can twist mine. Never claimed that everything we have done is the best ever.
With that being said a lot of thought and engineering goes into everything we do whether it be building buggies or marketing them.

Negativity is rampant in today's society, it's something we are all used to, doesn't make it right or a good thing.

Don't lie to yourself, I can tell you are a big fan. ;)
Ya'll ever have a scratch n' dent sale? Take EBT?

2 questions.

1-He was speaking to the fact that the engine could make more power but we have set it up to make 850.
2- I had a bouncer that I hit trails with and it never was shifted into high range. I can see that being useful for out West or maybe at a big park like Windrock but not for most parks on the East Coast. I wouldn't trust an Atlas with 850hp either.

Latest posts