• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The "What did you get done on your rig this weekend" thread

Changed the oil in the tow rig and respooled my ratty winch cable, then got plastred.:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Played with crashs alien, packed, looked at some houses, packed some more....and now its monday again.

Ran a few trials at Rimrock.....

"Up" Pucker Ridge, Butcher Knife, unnamed to Darland Mt. , different unnamed to Narrow Neck Bypass, Narrow Neck Bypass, took a wrong turn and ended up in timber co. land way up the 1070 rd. That was sat.

Then for sun. Bridge Trial, Spencer Creek Trial, Short and Dirty, Donicker Pass, Grey Creek Trial.

Beautiful weather, and never saw another group on the trials!

removed old broken 8274 with steel cable, getting ready for a new front bumper and different 8274 winch with new rope.

back still hurting too bad to do any real work.

JPFREAK said:

"Up" Pucker Ridge, Butcher Knife, unnamed to Darland Mt. , different unnamed to Narrow Neck Bypass, Narrow Neck Bypass, took a wrong turn and ended up in timber co. land way up the 1070 rd. That was sat.

Then for sun. Bridge Trial, Spencer Creek Trial, Short and Dirty, Donicker Pass, Grey Creek Trial.

Trip report? Pics? You know I'm jealous? You take the little one?

BTW, got my steering box and winch remounted, had to move th box forward 7 inches to compensate for movin the front end forward 6. Lowered the winch mount point so now I can hook it to the front axle. Frickin 8274's are damn heavy after lifting in and out of the front bumper 8-9 times?

Last edited:
"might" be puttin a aluminum centersectioned dana 44 outta a Grand cherokee i got for free in my cherokee. its already got a trac loc and 3.73's instead of my awesome 3.07's :redneck:

MarcW said:
"might" be puttin a aluminum centersectioned dana 44 outta a Grand cherokee i got for free in my cherokee. its already got a trac loc and 3.73's instead of my awesome 3.07's :redneck:

:haha: :haha: don't do it or you'll be :mad: :mad: in no time.

TreeClimber said:
:haha: :haha: don't do it or you'll be :mad: :mad: in no time.

with 31's? i dont think so. i bet ya a doller the whole get-up is stronger than my 27 spline 8.25. i would have to slamm the sh!t out of the center chunk on a bunch of rocks to hurt it. its got much bigger axles than my 8.25, disk brakes, and a trac loc. :flipoff:

JPFREAK said:

I'm so jealous. :booo:

I got my lower control arms replaced. They aren't beat to crap anymore, but they ARE still stock. :wtf:

MarcW said:
h i dont think so. i bet ya a doller . :flipoff:

I'll take that bet
You're gunna regret
'Cause I'm the best that ever been

-C. Daniels 1979

The aluminum GC dana 44s are very prone to carrier bearing failure. VERY prone. Dang near guarenteed to be bad. My 2 cents. -v- yer' dollar bet.

MarcW said:
with 31's? i dont think so. i bet ya a doller the whole get-up is stronger than my 27 spline 8.25. i would have to slamm the sh!t out of the center chunk on a bunch of rocks to hurt it. its got much bigger axles than my 8.25, disk brakes, and a trac loc. :flipoff:

That track loc is worthless. You want to try one? Come over and drive my ZJ. You will be better just re-gearing the D35 to 3.73.

That rear end is not worth the time and effort. Save your time and money. If you need D35 gears, PM me I have several sets for FREE, what ratio do you want?

You need D35 parts? I have axleshafts $40 a set.

Jeez, I sound like one of those midnight car salesman on TV. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
if you read my response, i have a 8.25 in the jeep already. maybe i should just sell the 44 :flipoff:

in the last two weekends cut of rear lower shock mounts and welded new ones on to clear rear axle.
fab a new tc linkage,but after we got the front driveline in it was a little to close to the driveline when it was shifted into low range, will finish later just wanted be able to drive the jeep instead of my truck.
cut a notch in factory skid to clear upper part of the rear track bar. also cut and took a hammer to the tomken gas skid to try clear rear track bar. now it will travel up and down but it is still rubbing in the middle of the rear track bar on the mount for the tomken skid plate.
did seem to get the rear pinion angle set right there doesn't seem to be any vibrations. and pulled the front driveline off yesterday to get a measurement for a new one since i am pretty sure that it is to short in the long run after the springs break in alittle.

Last weekend, went out and ran a good barrel time, then went out and killed a barrel.....:rolleyes:

Had to work all this weekend, didn't even get to see any of my junks junk...:mad:

Latest posts