• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The "What did you get done this weekend" thread

Comet

Ok everyone, new week, same drill. Let's here it!
Me, more house work mostly, but did some cutting and grinding on my '61 to tuck the bumper in an inch or so.

Frame repaired, new front spring hangers installed, rear spring hangers reinforced and plated like the fronts. Front right shaft out and broken down. Burned out on welding in the sun for a few days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting on a stub shaft and drive slugs or hug lockouts for the rear. Also need to pull the Detroit, tear it down, and see what's up with that.

Oopsy........
busted_01.jpg

Frame patched, mount tacked in place...
right_mount_01.jpg

All better... I bet you $100 this won't come off :D
left_mount_01.jpg

Last edited:
Drained rear diff fluid outa the daily driver, found out it had a plastic diff cover so i ordered a new chromo one w00t w00t. O and i changed the oil and oil filter in the daily driver

Went to work so I could pay the frame shop to straighten my junks junk.:mad:
Hope like hell they get it done before next week, if not, anybody have a loaner I could borrow for a day, I will treat it just like my own, honest!:innocent:

I got the rear passenger window of my yota punched out and a big dent stuck i nthe side by some idiot one night and blew either a fuse or the relay to the passeneger front window. So my truck is open to getting stolen easy now!!!!!

Mounted the rad, figured the last foot of brake lines out. Beer, Friends and nylint action got in the way, But its good to live life.

Bent up some lines for my power steering. Figured out real quick that doing kink free 180 degree bends with my crappy little hand bender really sucks. Also tore down my P/S pump and started building my remote reservior. I'm fighting a back injury right now so the Jeep progress is pretty slow. I figure it's a good time to knock out the stupid little projects I've been putting off.

Last edited:
I got my winch installed in the bumper and back on the truck. All that I have left to do is the permanent hook-up to the battery. I did it temporarily to check everything out and loaded the drum with 125' of synthetic line.

CrustyJeep said:
AND???

All good now?

Ya---all good now. Runs alot better too eith a lil more "zing" I also removed the supressor for the turbo and now you can hear it "zing" more too :D

I hate you :haha:

Seriously though, I'm glad that **** got settled. Seems like you got a good deal on nice piece of tow rig, after all is said and done :cool:

Last edited:
KarlVP said:
I went wheeling.

I put a baseball bat sized stick throught the sidewall on my tire. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
It was quite the sight, was right behind Karl. Watch him krawl over the stump with a broken branch sticking up, then a big cloud of dust and that big ass branch was missing...

Got the old motor out and the new one in my project 4runner. Finished buttoning it up tonight, fired right up and it runs great but the ticking/rattling gets louder and louder as it warms up and the oil pressure goes down... guess I get to do a timing chain and tensioner next weekend... too bad I didn't think to check it out BEFORE putting the new motor in. :mad:

Oh well, glad it runs good other than that. I'm getting to be a pro at these 22re change-outs. I think with enough motivation I could get one done in an 8 hour day now. :redneck:

scratched up a shiny RED nylint scorpion, beer, samurai tear down. workin on pullin various crap out of it. about to go work on it some more :D

I went to work. :kissmyass: :puke: :looser:

Hopefully mu summit order shows up today so I can button up the motor and swing it back into the engine bay. Now that I actually have 2 days off...

New pitman arm on, to allow turning sharper.....Nice. Took the boys bowling. :redneck: Cleaned up the garage after cos I got about 97% of my front axle swap done.

CrustyJeep said:
I hate you :haha:

Seriously though, I'm glad that **** got settled. Seems like you got a good deal on nice piece of tow rig, after all is said and done :cool:

Even with the extra BS I have had to deal with I do love the new truck....

Latest posts