• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This place is dead...

Hell patrick keeps this place alive lmao.
I do what I can around here.

In my opinion it's multiple things or easily summarized as "all of it".

Big Rides:
There's not as many big rides (RBD, Harlan Memorial, Crawling for Reid, FebJam, Hardline Rides, etc) to talk about for months leading up to it and then getting a bunch of stories after the rides.

Trail Rides:
Either people are riding less or sharing about their riding on here less, but honestly not sure which it is. I've always looked at posting Trail Rides as "I'm going to be here on these days. If we meet up great. If we don't, oh well". I always try to add pictures and a write up so maybe someone else sees them and it entices them to go visit a park or try an obstacle. Throwing @jeeptj99 under the bus because it's fun and I can, he takes like three photos on a given weekend of riding and may share them on here like 4 months later in the "Favorite Wheeling Pics" thread. Meanwhile we average a couple of hundred iPhone pictures for every wheeling trip.

Build Threads:
While there are some still getting updates as there are updates to share, there is plenty more that could be shared. @Bebop has done enough of a rebuild on the juggy to warrant a thread, but I haven't done it yet. So I'm guilty there.

4 Sail:
What got most of the folks on here was an awesome 4cell section. Parts were readily available and the prices were at or below market value since it was going to a fellow wheeler. Now it's thrown on Marketplace or Craigslist without it ever seeing the light of day here (although with lack of views here it's understandable too).

Life:
Gets busy and priorities change. Some fade away into other hobbies and some put it on the back burner and circle back to it later.

Post Whores:
While they could be annoying at times, they always kept the discussions flowing and various topics and thread derails came about from their post whoring.

I'm sure I'll think of some other issues as well. Meanwhile Irate4x4 got started up and is always quite busy with chit chat topics, threads, some For Sale stuff and some Ride stuff. It'll never be like Pirate or here in it's prime but it's something at least to say Forums aren't completely dead.

Last edited:
pretty much

I check in a few times a week here.

Mine has been a combination of: new buggy gremlins , a now 1 year old running around everywhere and the wife went back to school (in addition to working full time).

I'll update my build thread soon.

in the meantime..... don't burn pallets at camp , turf mode, windrock sucks , batmobile & scale squeezing ..
Also don't forget no Lil Wayne while at camp or else @muddinmetal will runnoft.

I have heard this story. Bet he's super fun at parties.
Ha he was a man of his word on that night. Said if Lil Wayne came on the radio he was leaving. Brandenburg's playlist went to some Lil Wayne, he got up, snapped his fingers, got their chairs and left for the night.

The SxS crowd is not going anywhere and in all reality, as much as I don't want to admit it, side by sides and their evolution to what they are now saved the hobby. It's way easier to sign on the dotted line to get behind the wheel of capable machine you don't have to worry about building yourself. Oddly enough I suspect, and have seen this trend really gaining traction, you're gonna see more and more xj's and the like gaining even more popularity than they already have because all the young guys I know don't wanna sign on the line for $15-30k on a side by side but are all about buyin a $4k xj or something similar to get them out in the woods

Obviously, I'm still here. But I honestly don't have much going on. Rigs are built and usually nothing too remarkable when I do get to wheel. Seems like it happened to everyone at the same time

Throwing @jeeptj99 under the bus because it's fun and I can, he takes like three photos on a given weekend of riding and may share them on here like 4 months later in the "Favorite Wheeling Pics" thread. Meanwhile we average a couple of hundred iPhone pictures for every wheeling trip.

1)****
2) im usually trying to make sure i'm hydrated :drinkers:

I share when I've got something worth saying. I'm terrible about not taking pictures on wheeling trips. I do have a years long build thread on jeepforum (started in 2013), but its a pain to keep up with the same info in 2 places so I never started one here.

Also, I had to take a couple years off due to back problems. I got out a couple times this summer but now that it's cooling down I'm ready to ride some more.

Maybe I'm old school but, I kind of miss the days of being part of an actual jeep (off-road) club. Having monthly meetings at a local restaurant or trail or getting together at someone house/garage, the whole family being involved etc. Hanging around with people with a common interest.

now all the jeep clubs care about is getting ducks and looking good for the gram

Maybe I'm old school but, I kind of miss the days of being part of an actual jeep (off-road) club. Having monthly meetings at a local restaurant or trail or getting together at someone house/garage, the whole family being involved etc. Hanging around with people with a common interest.
Have you tried sfwda?

Latest posts