• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This place is dead...

I stop in time to time to see the builds and any off-road awesomeness here. Some off the comments in this post and then the announced 24hr ride to make wheeling great again made me join.

Only problem is….we drive sxs's lol. I have one and the wife has one. We did just buy a Jku for a daily driver but now planning on building it up for some wheelin.

I think our rzrs think they're jeeps. Big tires low gearing. Our best riding trips have been with jeeps/trucks/Sammie's whatever. We try and hit all the big rock trails we can.

Forums are full of HUGE amounts of info.
Social media has killed the forums. Sxs's and the easiness of buying one has brought a real bad crowd and problems associated with them into the trails. Nobody can fake an image and be popular on forums because you have to know your stuff like they can do on Fb ig tt and yt. Social media full of fake a** people pretending to be someone. -were a sxs yt channel and see all the problems sxs's and social media are casting in the woods-thus leading us into building up the jeep and then something else big to start wheeling.

Gotta have thick skin and knowledge to be on a forum. Something that is in a downward spiral from generation to generation.

Also-a big divide between sxs and bigger orv's. It don't matter to us. We ran into Jeremy rose of y'all know of him at windrock on Walden's ridge and were riding behind his group and watching and hangin out. Could tell they were a lil cautious to let us hang but once they realized we were there to wheel..the real fun began. One of the best trips we've been on.

We just love wheelin with whoever whenever no matter what anyone is driving.

And just so ya know…with the Jeep build coming we could care less about ducks and waving and all that. We just wanna build awesome stuff and wheel.

I stop in time to time to see the builds and any off-road awesomeness here. Some off the comments in this post and then the announced 24hr ride to make wheeling great again made me join.

Only problem is….we drive sxs's lol. I have one and the wife has one. We did just buy a Jku for a daily driver but now planning on building it up for some wheelin.

I think our rzrs think they're jeeps. Big tires low gearing. Our best riding trips have been with jeeps/trucks/Sammie's whatever. We try and hit all the big rock trails we can.

Forums are full of HUGE amounts of info.
Social media has killed the forums. Sxs's and the easiness of buying one has brought a real bad crowd and problems associated with them into the trails. Nobody can fake an image and be popular on forums because you have to know your stuff like they can do on Fb ig tt and yt. Social media full of fake a** people pretending to be someone. -were a sxs yt channel and see all the problems sxs's and social media are casting in the woods-thus leading us into building up the jeep and then something else big to start wheeling.

Gotta have thick skin and knowledge to be on a forum. Something that is in a downward spiral from generation to generation.

Also-a big divide between sxs and bigger orv's. It don't matter to us. We ran into Jeremy rose of y'all know of him at windrock on Walden's ridge and were riding behind his group and watching and hangin out. Could tell they were a lil cautious to let us hang but once they realized we were there to wheel..the real fun began. One of the best trips we've been on.

We just love wheelin with whoever whenever no matter what anyone is driving.

And just so ya know…with the Jeep build coming we could care less about ducks and waving and all that. We just wanna build awesome stuff and wheel.
Welcome to the forum and a very spot on first post.

I haven't read everything but I will add my 2 cents. It's dead because some D-bag monetized it and made it like every other stupid forum on the interweb. When I first came here it was like a cool club of guys who went out and wheeled and built stuff and hung out and were "bout it". There were lurkers and guys like me who weren't OGs or even serious fab guys but we got to be here and watch and learn. I would argue that some took it way to serious and went a little farther than I would prefer but there is also the flip side of people not wanting to see a prayer or Bible thread when looking for lips. It all worked though and was innocent and unprofessional and fun. It was less like a corporate get together and more like sitting outside a cabin at Hawk Pride eating funnel cakes while someone is standing with their nut sack out. Whenever all the crap went down and it got sold and all that drama happened it died. This is not the Hardline Crawlers I joined and certainly it is not what the OGs started. This is a place that has the logo and some of the same people and content but is being whored out for profit by some guy who spent about 4 weeks trying to become "one of us" then moving on to his next forum. No hate to him, that's what he do so rock on, but in my humble opinion that was the day this place died. What started as a place to meet guys who ride, learn how to build, find out cool stuff has morphed into a billboard that is solely out for new members and other metrics that draw in advertisers to generate money. Nothing personal against anyone, that's just when it changed for me.

It was less like a corporate get together and more like sitting outside a cabin at Hawk Pride eating funnel cakes while someone is standing with their nut sack out.
That night is being talked about a lot. Kinda was peak HL moment for me and a few others.
I'm glad I was lucky enough to be a part of it.
Had a good convo with John that night.

That night is being talked about a lot. Kinda was peak HL moment for me and a few others.
I'm glad I was lucky enough to be a part of it.
Had a good convo with John that night.
The lack of nutsacks leads me to believe things are slightly less gay than in the past.

I haven't read everything but I will add my 2 cents. It's dead because some D-bag monetized it and made it like every other stupid forum on the interweb. When I first came here it was like a cool club of guys who went out and wheeled and built stuff and hung out and were "bout it". There were lurkers and guys like me who weren't OGs or even serious fab guys but we got to be here and watch and learn. I would argue that some took it way to serious and went a little farther than I would prefer but there is also the flip side of people not wanting to see a prayer or Bible thread when looking for lips. It all worked though and was innocent and unprofessional and fun. It was less like a corporate get together and more like sitting outside a cabin at Hawk Pride eating funnel cakes while someone is standing with their nut sack out. Whenever all the crap went down and it got sold and all that drama happened it died. This is not the Hardline Crawlers I joined and certainly it is not what the OGs started. This is a place that has the logo and some of the same people and content but is being whored out for profit by some guy who spent about 4 weeks trying to become "one of us" then moving on to his next forum. No hate to him, that's what he do so rock on, but in my humble opinion that was the day this place died. What started as a place to meet guys who ride, learn how to build, find out cool stuff has morphed into a billboard that is solely out for new members and other metrics that draw in advertisers to generate money. Nothing personal against anyone, that's just when it changed for me.
I get what you're saying but to let said instances stand in the way of trying to keep a decent thing going is ignorant. For those of you with less intellect than others, that means there are plenty of us still riding, still building cool stuff, and still having fun. If I let something as petty as a change of forum owner stand in the way of having fun then I would of just stayed in high school and continued to beat my **** off in my moms basement.

I get what you're saying but to let said instances stand in the way of trying to keep a decent thing going is ignorant. For those of you with less intellect than others, that means there are plenty of us still riding, still building cool stuff, and still having fun. If I let something as petty as a change of forum owner stand in the way of having fun then I would of just stayed in high school and continued to beat my **** off in my moms basement.
I wouldn't blame you. It's a really nice basement. The new furniture is really chic and stylish.

Where is everybody? I'm more of a lurker than somebody who posts a lot but man this place is pretty dead anymore. So what gives? Social media craze, people got out of the hobby, family, went from buggies to sxs's, or what? Honestly just curious and something for discussion.
For the record, I don't have a rig anymore. I was a bad driver and even worse mechanic when I did have a rig so I just brought down the average. I'm pulled in 100 different directions with kid's sports, work, and family so I just kind of quit coming around. Per my previous post about all the drama, I agree it's stupid to let a thing like that run people off so I guess my thing is that that wasn't the reason I don't come around, but it made it easier to not come around. BUT since I can tell we will be good friends, I may start wandering back this way just to say hi and see what you've been up to. I'm Dan, just like in my signature. Nice to meet you.

This place was dead way before Blackbeard got a hold of it. If anything he kept it afloat with his own money and work, otherwise it would have been left to die forever by the "OGs." If you think he's making money off this place you are kidding yourself.

A great example of a fairly successful board resurrection is Pirate4x4 to Irate4x4. I visit it 10x more often than I do here. In fact if I was Blackbear I would approach Austin (Irate4x4) owner about rolling Hardline into Irate and just making it a regional forum and mothballing this place.

If you think he's making money off this place you are kidding yourself.

Serious question: Then why do it?
It obviously takes time and money, so why go to the trouble?

I moderate a few successful Facebook groups and it takes a lot of time. I make no money off of it, but the people need me to moderate them. I give them a structured place to discuss community happenings and voice their concerns about local establishments but if left in supervised, all chaos would ensue so I have to moderate. Is that why he does it?

**let the record show I only moderate one group on Facebook and it's not successful at all. Their is only 6 members and 2 of them have passed**

I don't know. But the title of this thread would lead me to believe this place doesn't get near enough traffic to support itself.

Social media killed forums.

That being said I actually am starting to see things come full circle, albeit very slowly. We're no where near there yet, but some forums are slowly coming back to life as people burn out on the negativity of social media, and also need a better repository for information.

Latest posts