• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This place is dead...

alscott

Where is everybody? I'm more of a lurker than somebody who posts a lot but man this place is pretty dead anymore. So what gives? Social media craze, people got out of the hobby, family, went from buggies to sxs's, or what? Honestly just curious and something for discussion.

Sxs are taking over the wheeling world, you can easily finance your 40k new hobby. Sign and drive and no tools to buy or skills to hone and no build threads
Its true. Not all are bad, I know some really good people that are sxs only folks, but my personal opinion is that it has hurt the offroad community in some ways. But if you could finance a buggy for 40k easily then there would be a ton of those also and the same type of problems would still exist.

Forums just are not what they used to be.
Agree. Kinda sucks to. There has been a ton of great info shared here over the years and its a bummer to see it dying off. The facebook groups killed forum tech imo because its so easy to ask something very specific in the rock buggies group or the like and almost always have a decent answer within minutes. Which is really nice when needed.

I kinda lurk also and noticed the decline . Ive learned some pretty interesting stuff just searching the forums. The rig platform as a whole is bland anymore . I dont mean to sound like a hater , most people on here have a nicer rig than I'll ever have . The basic white girl recipe is an LS atlas super duty axles and stickies. The best "tech" topics to me are the guys that took scrap/junk and made something out of it not you spent how much and where did you buy it.

All of it.
pretty much

I check in a few times a week here.

Mine has been a combination of: new buggy gremlins , a now 1 year old running around everywhere and the wife went back to school (in addition to working full time).

I'll update my build thread soon.

in the meantime..... don't burn pallets at camp , turf mode, windrock sucks , batmobile & scale squeezing ..

I kinda lurk also and noticed the decline . Ive learned some pretty interesting stuff just searching the forums. The rig platform as a whole is bland anymore . I dont mean to sound like a hater , most people on here have a nicer rig than I'll ever have . The basic white girl recipe is an LS atlas super duty axles and stickies. The best "tech" topics to me are the guys that took scrap/junk and made something out of it not you spent how much and where did you buy it.

I love these threads. I'm sure you have some stuff figured out.

Sometimes it can be your turn to add to the badass junkyard builds.