• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thoughts?

kdoss54

Take it easy, if it's easy take it twice.
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=55143.0

This is the Sammy buggies on the for sale site I'm just curious if some guys that know more than me might could help me. I'm interested in finding out what the pros and cons of a setup just like this are I'm interested in buying this buggy but just though I might get the ideas of you all on a ride for me. I had posted before about my wanting a ride but she like the true bouncers$$$ our budget is somewhere around 20 and I'm really attracted to this one and she likes it also. Ima intermediate driver and sometimes I have a heavy foot. I was hoping to find a automatic but I've drove 5 speeds my whole life and use to have a tj trail ride keep mostly long arm kit lockers and 33s I just never liked having to hold the clutch gas and brake all at the same time also it was a 4 banger, does this ride have enough HP ?? And the 44, 60 combo is the Dana 60 over kill or will the 44 need upgraded?

I hope the seller takes no offense I'm just trying to make sure I find what I want
Thanks in advance. Sorry for the grammar I'm no English major

Re:

Sometimes I'd rather have a real clean reliable weepow buggy than my v8 and tons. This looks like a super nice rig.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's not gonna be a bouncer, but if you find the right line with those stickies you can make a trail bouncer look stupid. Axles should hold up unless you're 4cyl BRUTAL. If I had the money, I would buy it.

I know the owner of it, that buggy is top notch. Exactly what I would want if I was getting back into wheeling. I could give 2 shits less about horsepower. The only thing big horsepower can do that buggy can't, is hill shoot. If you like hill shooting, rolling over, fawking **** up, that one probably ain't for you. If you like going to your local offroad park and making most all the tough obstacles look easy while even some of the bouncer buggies struggle on them, then that one is probably for you.

And driving a 5 speed in something that is super low geared for crawling is a completely different (better) experience than clutching around the woods all day in a stock Jeep or something, so I wouldn't write that off as a negative aspect. My last crawl rig was a 5 speed and I have a prosthetic left leg (clutch foot), never once wished I had an automatic. thumb.gif

I've seen this buggy work it it does work awesome.

You can still swap an automatic from a tracker down the road if you don't like the 5 speed and add a turbo if you need more HP...

16142266_565146213683305_4494588483836998865_n.jpg

My tj had 4.88s and a 8.8 rear in with cromos so it was lower geared than factory so I think I can deal with that and I got two riding buddy's with Sammys one has a turbo it does well I like both of their rigs I was mainly concerned with axle combo because that is a area I'm not the smartest on. I could work on it and know my way around a crawler just not experienced enough to know what holds up

Very reliable rig, I have rode with Jamie many times. As good of a guy as they come too, he will shoot you straight.

The buggy works, period. As far as the $20k budget, you could buy this thing, throw a 60 in the front (if you're concerned with the 44 holding up), throw a turbo on it, and make people look dumb at your local park, and still come in way under your budget. thumb.gif

I think it would suit you well.

I would love to have a sami buggy. This one looks like it has a good parts list and has a lot of people backing up its ability.

My one concern on the whole buggy would be the front end. a 5:86 gear ratio would make that a really small pinion BUT that's a fixable thing and if I had the money I wouldn't second guess this rig unless my fat ass couldn't fit in it

It's an awesome little buggy . Next buggy I build for myself will be back down to this level when I am done rockbouncing . Back to technical trail riding . Nice unit here ive been drooling on it since I saw it for sale !

I'd love to have this buggy too! Perfect for climbing around in and having a great time.

Far as the stick goes just add a hand theottle on to the shifter.

j-mox said:
I'd love to have this buggy too! Perfect for climbing around in and having a great time.

Far as the stick goes just add a hand theottle on to the shifter.

If the 6.5 ratio geared sami case and his axle gearing is anywhere near what I had (5.29's, dual t cases with stock 2.28:1 front case and 4.7:1 reduced rear case), no need for hand throttle. In double low and first gear, I could be on an obstacle and just let out on the clutch and it was geared low enough to start turning the tires to where I could move my foot back over from brake to gas. That's why I said driving a crawl-geared rig is a lot different that a stock rig. Even with 4:88's or 5.29's in the diffs, it's nowhere near the same as something with a reduced t case(s).