• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Groover

bamatoy

A good friend of mine developed the ultimate tire groover. Thought some of you guys may be interested. It's about 10 minutes of video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1b23GKyW1_Q&feature=share

That is awesome! Doesn't surprise me that Joe came up with this. He's a super smart guy. I'm definitely gonna go see him and buy one of these. :dblthumb:

Talked to him this evening $375, thats 2 depth gauges and tool with inserts and spanner wrench

tonybolton said:
.....crickets....

tonybolton said:
.....crickets....

Yeah, I think that price kinda weeds out the casual wheeler looking to experiment.

It also looks like it's design is for right hand people only..you flip that grinder and it's conventional cutting and isn't near as easy to control. The cutting tool looks like it can't be flipped for climb cutting in a left handed guys hands.

Back in my rail buggy days we cut many a tractor tire with one of these...

Attachments

• 3F194E36-CDAF-42BC-A139-CB9BADFD4203.jpeg
    3F194E36-CDAF-42BC-A139-CB9BADFD4203.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 98
JeffH454 said:
Yeah, I think that price kinda weeds out the casual wheeler looking to experiment.

It also looks like it's design is for right hand people only..you flip that grinder and it's conventional cutting and isn't near as easy to control. The cutting tool looks like it can't be flipped for climb cutting in a left handed guys hands.

I started to post that a time or 2, but didn't want to get accused of shitting on anyones thread.

That groover with replaceable carbide cutters is pretty badass, but it's a piece of machine tooling and priced as such. You could chuck it up in a mill and mow some steel.we

I figured as much, but it's just another option to have. They guy that grooves a offroad tire once every 4 years won't see the need.

TBItoy said:
I started to post that a time or 2, but didn't want to get accused of shitting on anyones thread.

That groover with replaceable carbide cutters is pretty badass, but it's a piece of machine tooling and priced as such. You could chuck it up in a mill and mow some steel.we

I agree..I was kinda hoping it wouldn't come across as shitting on anybody because I'm not. I'm a toolmaker and have full appreciation for the work that was put into that cutter and wish these fellas good luck because it looks like a well made product.

No ill feelings at all fellas, I feel people can comment as they feel. It was posted on a public forum.

That's a hell of a tool for the application they've intended it for. Also...ballsy move putting a phone number and email on YouTube...not like it's a 1-800 number.

JeffH454 said:

People post these up every time grooving comes up but i dont know if i could use one. Those things look so sketchy.

jeeptj99 said:
People post these up every time grooving comes up but i dont know if i could use one. Those things look so sketchy.

It has the potential to be very dangerous but the key was to never let the cutter touch the tire unless it was at max. RPM.

It reminds me of a brush cutter disc on gas trimmer...wide-open it cuts smooth but if you're a puss and want to run it at half throttle it will beat you to death.