• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire Groovers

I have a rillfit IV. It is one of those $400 - $600 groovers. It will TN cut a tire in about 20 mins flat. I did my entire set of IROKs a while back with it in about 1.5 hours. Eats like rubber like butter. I tried all the other cheaper alternatives and NOTHING worked like I wanted. I wish I would have just bought the rillfit to begin with. I got mine used on eBay for $200. You see them pop up there now and again.

J. J.

ridenrace6 said:
i know this post is over 2 years old but just wandering if anybody has come up with anything new/better?

I'm about to try my hand at cutting. I bought something the other day I'm gonna give a go and see what happens. (It's not a $400-$600 groover, I just don't remember the name of the damn thing.) I'll post results. :dblthumb:

I have a rubber cut tire groover, has interchangable blades...they are expensive, I got mine used but it will cut 4 tires tenn. Or aetna style in an hour or 2

1733017815_photobucket_97254_.jpg

My first groover was one of the cheapies it did work and got the job done but it took forever to do major cutting also would over heat the blades and bend and break them alot. Now I have the Van Alstine G-1000 and let me tell ya I love the hell out of that thing it will flat out go to town, yes it is almost $400 but damn it is worth every penny if you want to groove big tires or alot of tires. :****:

For cutting lugs completely off, just us a wood chisel and heat it up with a torch. It will cut like butter. Just keep a fan blowing away from you because the fumes off the burnt rubber are not good to breath

Cant e 100% sure but from the gun it looks like the Van alstine G1000. It is a bad mofo for sure mine will run a 1" wide blade slap through a 44" swamper lug and not even flinch at it.

After some beer and a video on youtube we decided to get the chain saw out and groove up a set of TSLs. Was actually surprised that we didn't ruin a perfectly good chainsaw and set of TSLs. :****:

What blades would you guys get?
Lets say you get two choices.

5/32"
1/4"
5/16"
13/32"
7/8"

I think the 7/8" is a no brainer.

InDaShop said:
What blades would you guys get?
Lets say you get two choices.

5/32"
1/4"
5/16"
13/32"
7/8"

I think the 7/8" is a no brainer.

1/4 and the 7/8. You can always make 2 cuts and have a 1/2 wide cut made.