• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire pressure sensor question

POTTSY 79

I have a 2014 ram 2500 Cummins...the stock tires took something like 80 psi in the rear tires..my problem is I just put some 35" tires on it but the new tires say max 60psi...now every time I fire it up the dash light comes on saying low tire pressure...my question is do I need new tire pressure sensors or just what...I know it's not hurting anything but just don't like seeing warning lights on my dash ...thanks for any input
51910029-4ABC-467E-8470-56274A87D13A.jpeg

Ok thanks...is that something I have to get online or any place like advanced auto....I will not go to auto zone... lol I hate that cheap ass place

You may try to contact Curt at Dusterhoff Tuning. He does incredible work with mopars/hellcats.

I'm not familiar with dodge software but he may have a cheap/easy fix option.

I have the same truck in a 2015 model and I have experienced the same issue and I have not been able to reset the computer to read the lesser pressure. I have taken mine to the Dodge dealership(for a different service) and they have told me the same thing that I cannot reset it from factory. It has to do with the load towing capacity and tire range that is set from factory. I have since worn those tires out and returned to the load range E which is the factory preferred size. Let me know if you find out differently.

When I bought my 14' new, dealer was able to reset. In around 17', my dealer tech friend told me it was pulled from the option list in the mothership Starscan computer. I ready where some handhelp programmers can do it. Also I think the AEV OBD2 plug in thing can do it. We have one of those for my wife's JK. Might call AEV too. Might be cheapest option if you aren't interested in any performance tuning.

Several handheld units can do it. Just look at the functions before you buy one or borrow one from a buddy. My buddy just lowered his TPMS settings on his 2019 Cummins truck with his.

I had an 08 dodge years ago, and had the same problem, but there was as much out, as far as programming and such. So I took a pipe nipple with threaded ends, threw the sensors in, capped it off and put a Schrader valve in it. Aired it up to the correct psi and put it in the toolbox, and never looked back. Lol. These newer sensors are probably little more complex than those were.

Here is one solution. Z Automotive makes a little thing that plugs into the truck or Jeep that over rides a lot of the electronic things. They make them for the JL that fixes: tire size, tire psi, use lockers in 2wd, 4hi, sway bar disconnect at any time, etc etc. I run one on my JL and it does not leave an imprint. I have taken mine to the dealer after having the tazor installed. All that has to be one is unmarry it, which is an easy process.

Here are just a few examples of what it can do. Check out the link for the full details. I'm a dealer, so I would be glad to help you out. I like the JL one and they are easy to work with.

• Calibrate speedometer for non-factory tire sizes
  • Configure vehicle for gear ratio changes
  • Can disable Tire Pressure Monitoring System warnings, or modify PSI settings*
  • Can enable/disable Daytime Running Lights and user can select lights to use (application dependent)
  • Can enable the addition of factory fog lights
  • Can support LED lights
  • Can disable Fog Light Dropout (allowing hi and low beams and fog lights on simultaneously)
  • Can enable the addition of factory backup camera and aftermarket front camera*
  • Can disable SiriusXM TravelLink traffic and weather warnings

The Z automotive Tazer is probably the best option imo if you're not going to delete and use a full on programmer anytime soon.