• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire size

big ford

What is the biggest tire I can run on stock Toyota axles building a buggy for my son the motor is a vortex v-6 I have 35 toyo mt's and 38.5 sx's

Never ever ever run Toyota axles with anything bigger than a stockish 4cyl.

My opinion.

Biggest tire for stock Toyota axles? If they are literally STOCK (ie not locked) then you can get away with a pretty big tire... Locked, I wouldn't run over 31s. And they'll still break.

My truggy has has 39.5 iroks on some heavy recentered H1's. 2rz 4 cyl engine out of a tacoma, about 130-140hp.I beat on it pretty good and haven't had any major issues. It is fairly light though, and has original longfields, 6 shooter knuckles, etc. I would say the weak link is the ring and pinion.

Re:

Rokcrler said:
Sosobee runs 44" TSLs on his Toy axles and has whooped on them

he said stock though.

drive flanges, spool, cryoed gears, RCV or Longfields, knuckle braces, truss, 6 shooter knuckles you can make 37 stickies live if your careful.

TBItoy said:
Never ever ever run Toyota axles with anything bigger than a stockish 4cyl.

My opinion.

Biggest tire for stock Toyota axles? If they are literally STOCK (ie not locked) then you can get away with a pretty big tire... Locked, I wouldn't run over 31s. And they'll still break.

i agree that the weight of the vortec 4.3 is going to be killer - thats a heavy engine - plus the added power is going to be tough on stock axles

I run 39.5s on my 85 Truggy. So far, my axles have held up, but I have RCV 30 splines and I don't hammer on my stuff. I let it crawl. 22RE 4 cylinder. With a 6 cylinder, I wouldn't run anything bigger than 35-37s.

I want to say 33's, but it would be a lie. 31 AT's to keep it together. 29 inch MT's and you could still get in trouble.

Here's a picture from Facebook. It's an older buggy I believe. Works great though.

Re:

I killed several shafts in a light 8V yota axled sammi on 33s. With an auto trans the 35s probly last a minute though. I was bad about shockloading mine with the manual.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk