• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires on your tow rig

Hellbilly

I have Toyo m/t's and dont like them! I'm looking for a good replacement with a aggresive loook that won't wear out so quick!

Anyone running Nitto terra grappler's on there tow rig?

Last edited:
...cause it makes just so much sense to buy a tow rig and then mount aggressive mud terrain tires on them and exepct them to last...brain surgeons :rolleyes:

I have the terra grapplers. They do ok. Not at all an aggressive tread. I will be looking into the Cooper SST's or the Hankook RF10's for the next set on my truck.

...cause it makes just so much sense to buy a tow rig and then mount aggressive mud terrain tires on them and exepct them to last...brain surgeons :rolleyes:

Thank you Brad for your valuable 2 cents on this topic I almost forgot why you where here!:redneck:

My tires are still over 70% but going fast so I'm looking to trade them in on a A/T

I've got over 20K on my BFG Km's, and they're still 65% or so...The key is regular rotations AND balance on all 4 corners---also making sure the alignment is good...:awesomework:

I've got over 20K on my BFG Km's, and they're still 65% or so...The key is regular rotations AND balance on all 4 corners---also making sure the alignment is good...:awesomework:

The problem with BFG's are, they are only load ranger D. I'd like to stick with LR- E

more crappy TOYO's
when will ppl learn to STOP buying those pieces of junk.....:rolleyes:

anywhoo..ive got 35" BFG AT's. but its literally JUST my tow rig. the occasional run to the dump, and towing, thats IT. otherwise its parked. i expect the tires to rot off, before they wear out.....

more crappy TOYO's
when will ppl learn to STOP buying those pieces of junk.....:rolleyes:

When i bought mine 2 years ago, they were the only thing i could find locally that was Load range E.

And they suck balls for being a MT. I drive my truck thru mud everyday on the job, and would probably be better off with drag slicks

The problem with BFG's are, they are only load ranger D. I'd like to stick with LR- E

When i bought mine 2 years ago, they were the only thing i could find locally that was Load range E.

And they suck balls for being a MT. I drive my truck thru mud everyday on the job, and would probably be better off with drag slicks
but damn..what are u hauling/towing that u need that much capacity?

my little ole 6plys are good for about 10k. theres no way in hell i could get 10k in the bed, or hanging off the back.

my little ole 6plys are good for about 10k. theres no way in hell i could get 10k in the bed, or hanging off the back.

28ft loaded for bare race trailer, and equipment trailers for work. When I tow the race trailer, my tires squat a little bit. I'd hate to see an 8 or 6 ply tire with that load :eeek: JUst not my cup of tea, i'd rather be safe than sorry.

in 2002, at 44621 miles I put Les Schwabs Wild Country TXR traction tires 8 ply (I believe) on the Dodge - these replaced the stock tires that came on it from when I bought the thing brand new back in late 99. I now have 102,XXX on the truck, same tires - however I need to replace them as they've gotten to the point where they've worn out.

I've logged 57,XXX miles on these tires, no problem.

well i have to say ive run my bfgs almost 50000 miles, they are still probably 20 percent and one time i ran them stupid, they loaded me up on my dodge with 6000 pounds of wet p gravel, i looked at the bump stops and saw plenty of daylight and drove, honestly i was more worried about the 4 wheel parts aluminumm rims, it was fine , a little sway but hell the tires are rated at 3100 pounds or so, the ass end of my pickup is probabaqly 2000 pounds, these tires will rally, and yea i push it, deal with it:fawkdancesmiley:

My Dodge came with Michelin ATX E range from the factory. Great on the road, but absolutely awful everywhere else. Sucked even in just a couple inches of snow. Not much fun having a brand new 4x4 truck that can't handle a little snow.

Replaced those with BFG AT's in 315/70/17s that are only a D range tire. Much better all around, but the rating is light.

I'm thinking about going to E range Goodyear MTRs next. I really do need an agressive tire as I use the truck in the snow, take it shooting up in the mountains, and pull the trailer through some rough stuff.

I had toyo m/t's **** for on hiyway towing 25k they were bald.. I went to toyo a/t's been on 2 months and just wore off all the mold nipples....also they have a 50k tread life warranty

My tire size is LT285/75R16; I thought they offered an E tire in this size?Might just be the A/T though:scratchhead: ..
For the things I use my truck for (towing the car trailer mainly, occasionally with the camper(1800-2000lbs),dump runs,general hauling), D range tire more than covers what I need....

Last edited:
Thank you Brad for your valuable 2 cents on this topic I almost forgot why you where here!:redneck:

My tires are still over 70% but going fast so I'm looking to trade them in on a A/T

Ok...I just go with a standard mud/snow rated tire. Great mileage, quiet ride, lower cost...but they don't look like the Krawlers on the Jeep so they don't quite have that "cool" factor.

Ummm, that weight INCLUDES the weight of your truck.... no just what you put in the bed.

The truck I just bought came with the Toyo Open Country MTs. I wish they were an E range instead of D range. I can't get enough air in them to get the fuel mileage up where I think it should be.

Luckily I don't put a lot of miles on my truck as I can see that they'd probably wear quickly as it's a relatively soft compound. They look good on the truck though so I'll sacrafice a little tire life for the bling:D

Latest posts