• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires on your tow rig

um yeh...i realise that.

still id be hard pressed to load it that heavy....

no, not really.

Not to mention E's handle the weight much better. Stiffer ride when un-loaded. But if you use it as a tow/haul rig, it's worth it.

I'd run BFG's again in a heartbeat if they weren't 500 bucks a pop for my size.. :booo:

no, not really.

Not to mention E's handle the weight much better. Stiffer ride when un-loaded. But if you use it as a tow/haul rig, it's worth it.

I'd run BFG's again in a heartbeat if they weren't 500 bucks a pop for my size.. :booo:
yeh, actually i would. i hauled some gravel 1 time....ended up putting 4,000 lbs, thats ALOT in the bed. and was still below the tires capacity.

and..in fact, i think was probably pushing what the truck is ACTUALLY rated for.

i agree tho...if ur going to be hauling HEAVY often, E rated are the way to go. for a better ride...drop the pressure when u arent hauling:awesomework:

for me tho, the AT's have more than enough capacity.

remember, tire SIZE plays a big role, its its capacity. theres times where a D rated tire, will have more carrying capacity than an E.
and in fact, my C's only have about 500 lbs less rating, than some E's. the BIGGER the tire, the more VOLUME its got, the more weight it can carry with LESS psi.

food for thought....

Last edited:
I bought my tow rig knowing it need new tires and the dealer knocked a G note off. did some looking around and found the the Toyo M-55's, were what i wanted. Granted my tow rig isn't lifted, and has wide hips:haha:,but i love these tires.

I've got 15,000 miles on these tires and barely worn i'd say still around 95% thread left...they are mud and snow rated,E rated also, had no problems towing up to Evans creek with them (in the snow) and they tear up a friends muddy pasture pretty good too. Thats were i kept my toy...:awesomework:

BFG ATs are available Load Range C, D or E, depending on size. My 35x12.50R16.5s are rated at 6800 lbs per axle. Off the top of my head, that's probably higher than the axle rating. Yeah, I would like LR E in my size, just because, but 52000, rotated 3 times is probably good enough. It is time for new ones though. Bet if my gf wouldn't spin the tires taking off from the driveway they would have lasted longer.

yeh, actually i would. i hauled some gravel 1 time....ended up putting 4,000 lbs, thats ALOT in the bed. and was still below the tires capacity.

and..in fact, i think was probably pushing what the truck is ACTUALLY rated for.

i agree tho...if ur going to be hauling HEAVY often, E rated are the way to go. for a better ride...drop the pressure when u arent hauling:awesomework:

for me tho, the AT's have more than enough capacity.

remember, tire SIZE plays a big role, its its capacity. theres times where a D rated tire, will have more carrying capacity than an E.
and in fact, my C's only have about 500 lbs less rating, than some E's. the BIGGER the tire, the more VOLUME its got, the more weight it can carry with LESS psi.

food for thought....

my 35's aint rated for shiat.. And I have had over 6k in the bed (gravel). But I try not to. I've gone back and forth between the two. And the stability gets me every time.. And yea, I know all about size vs weight, sometimes it's the case, sometimes it's not. I have an odd fascination with things that are round :redneck:

well i jumped on the band wagon two years ago and got the toyo mt's and hate them as well. they do not get traction in mud and snow. the only thing is though im just short of 40000 miles on them and they'll finish this winter.

the toyo m-55 does tickle my fancy and im thining thats gonna be my next rubber

I run stockers on my 06 CTD, when they wear out I will go on craigslist and buy some factory takeoffs for $400 with stock aluminums and keep going. My truck is for towing so I like the tires to be quiet, ride nice, get the best gas MPG, and tires to last 50k. Toyos in my opinion look cool, but are expensive and wear out WAYYYY to soon. Oh its a 4x4 too so if I need the extra traction I just pull the little T-case lever. When/if I go bigger I will run some sort of all terrain for longevity.

I run stockers on my 06 CTD, when they wear out I will go on craigslist and buy some factory takeoffs for $400 with stock aluminums and keep going. My truck is for towing so I like the tires to be quiet, ride nice, get the best gas MPG, and tires to last 50k. Toyos in my opinion look cool, but are expensive and wear out WAYYYY to soon. Oh its a 4x4 too so if I need the extra traction I just pull the little T-case lever. When/if I go bigger I will run some sort of all terrain for longevity.

This is wear you and I are different. My rig is a TOW rig. But it sees A LOT of sloppy mud on jobsites, and i go snowboarding about every week, so it sees a lot of snow as well. Thats what this thread is for. A good mud and snow tire. I know Todd snowboards as well, and maybe sometimes his rigs sees slighty slick conditions. Him and I both need something a little beyond stock tires. And since both our trucks are F-350's. Load range E is prefrerred.

bfg a/t ko do have some tire sizes that are e rated. you can get some good milage out of them too.

just go to there site and take a look at the tire specs for the a/t ko

im thinking michelin xze in the 285/75r19.5 flavor for my next set. too much squish when im loaded w/camper for a couple weeks at elk camp...

we had the M55's they dont like the wet roads once they are about halfway to three quarters gone, so we went with a friends recommendation about the toyo M/T's he is on his third set at 50K each set, on a powerstroke crewcab that he uses DAILY for construction, so I figured what the heck give them a try, if they dont work like the other brands of tires, that we have tried, we'll just have to try another when its time again

BFG ATs FTW!! Load range E and 235 mms wide of blazin glory for me :gunz:

When mine wear out, I'll get them again :cool: They rock in the snow out here too. :011:

BFG ATs FTW!! Load range E and 235 mms wide of blazin glory for me :gunz:

When mine wear out, I'll get them again :cool: They rock in the snow out here too. :011:
tried them, they were okay(read not the greatest in the wet, not the best life-less than 35K with normal driving, not hot rodding, or tire burning) would not get another set.

Latest posts