• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires on your tow rig

tried them, they were okay(read not the greatest in the wet, not the best life-less than 35K with normal driving, not hot rodding, or tire burning) would not get another set.

Load range E...?

Mine are hardly worn and I've got over 23,000 hard miles on them

I just put the 295/70/17 Terra Grapplers on my Dodge. I only have 2,000 miles on them so cant say anything for tread wear, but they ride great and and have good traction so far. Plus, I got a screaming deal on them at Discount, $604 out the door mounted, balanced and with certificates so I couldnt pass it up.

well i jumped on the band wagon two years ago and got the toyo mt's and hate them as well. they do not get traction in mud and snow. the only thing is though im just short of 40000 miles on them and they'll finish this winter.

the toyo m-55 does tickle my fancy and im thining thats gonna be my next rubber

I put Toyo m-55s on my 96' Ford and I love them. They are a commercial tire, have a huge tread depth, and should wear like iron. The winter traction should be good as well, they have provisions for studs too. I only have 4500 miles on mine so far but they still look new.

i love my toyos and im getting great milage outa my a/ts even when i was towing 10k all summer of racecar.... so i dunno some people have great luck others not so much.. also DO NOT go by load rating.. go by weight rating.. there is no standard for tire rating one companies weight for lr E could be another companys weight for lr D

I've got 305-55x20 Toyo AT's on my Excursion and have over 45K on them. They're at about 60% now. I don't think I'll go as wide next time as they tend to hydroplane (13" wide) and I'm told I'm losing about 2-3 MPG.
I'm amazed at how well they are working in the snow.

i love my toyos and im getting great milage outa my a/ts even when i was towing 10k all summer of racecar.... so i dunno some people have great luck others not so much.. also DO NOT go by load rating.. go by weight rating.. there is no standard for tire rating one companies weight for lr E could be another companys weight for lr D

ummm, that's why you go by load rating and ply.. NOT weight rating :fawkdancesmiley:

a nice set of sloppy 37's rated for more then a smaller E rated tire aint exactly gunna help ya.

i am not sure on load range but i had those procomp xterrains and they lasted me 20k and i bought them with less than 50% used.. and they were a smooth ride .. i just got toyo mt on friday cause i heard a bunch of hype around them.. they do pretty good in this snow so far.. hope i get more than 20k out them

i just got toyo mt on friday cause i heard a bunch of hype around them.. they do pretty good in this snow so far.. hope i get more than 20k out them

Im sorry. Return them while you can. They ****in blow goat nuts. I've been driving in the snow for 6 years now, up the passes and all, never been stuck. This year, i get stuck on the smallest hill in the country. and I got stuck going in my driveway. :puke:

I drove the burban around with the Toyo AT's on it, and it went everywhere in 2wd. even up the hill my truck got stuck on in 4wd. :masturbanana[1]:

I will be putting new skins under the 97 CTD soon. What size can I put under without issues of rubbing? It has 3" pucks under the front and air bags under the rear. I'm leaning towards Cooper sst, BFG km's or the normal BFG at. I don't drive the truck more than 4k a year MAX but when I do its towing, in snow or mud. What do you guys think? 285/75/16 no rubbing????:corn: :corn:

I will be putting new skins under the 97 CTD soon. What size can I put under without issues of rubbing? It has 3" pucks under the front and air bags under the rear. I'm leaning towards Cooper sst, BFG km's or the normal BFG at. I don't drive the truck more than 4k a year MAX but when I do its towing, in snow or mud. What do you guys think? 285/75/16 no rubbing????:corn: :corn:

with 2.5" leveling coils I ran 315/75/16's without any rubbing. But it was an aftermarket wheel with 4.5" backspacing. Stock wheels will rub control arms. and they aren't wide enough for that sized tire anyway. anything more then 4.5" backspacing and you'll rub the outside of the tire with a 35.. But 285 will fit no problem with any aftermarket wheel. I've got pics of 285's, 305's, 315's and 325's if you want to see of em. All with the leveling coils.

i have the michelin XPS tractions on my dually,when they were new they were great...now that they are 50% ish and the factory siping is mostly gone they absolutely suck in the snow....i had real issues at elbe yesterday with the trailer and wheeler hooked up to it,just trying to park and unload..i will not get these again...

with 2.5" leveling coils I ran 315/75/16's without any rubbing. But it was an aftermarket wheel with 4.5" backspacing. Stock wheels will rub control arms. and they aren't wide enough for that sized tire anyway. anything more then 4.5" backspacing and you'll rub the outside of the tire with a 35.. But 285 will fit no problem with any aftermarket wheel. I've got pics of 285's, 305's, 315's and 325's if you want to see of em. All with the leveling coils.

Hey LJ send me some pics with the 285's and 305s. I cannot remember what the back space is on my wheels. They are aftermarket alum.

[email protected]

i have the michelin XPS tractions on my dually,when they were new they were great...now that they are 50% ish and the factory siping is mostly gone they absolutely suck in the snow....i had real issues at elbe yesterday with the trailer and wheeler hooked up to it,just trying to park and unload..i will not get these again...

At what psi?:; Also Chains are good for duallys.

toyo a/t's on the dually it came with them.

About 10K miles on them and they are wearing fine. The outer dual is wearing faster but that comes with the territory.

They do okay at best in the snow. Never had a problem with traction towing on back roads. I'm not happy with them in the rain. I've had to put it in 4wd a few times to get traction while towing up hills in the rain.

My next set will be bfg AT's. IMHO the best tire out there for a non wheeling DD 4x4 rig. Last a long time, provide great traction and have a little bit of an agressive look. I put 70,000 miles on a set of them.

they rears are 45 and the fronts are 40.... dons got toyo open country ATs and he had alot less trouble than me...

Put um down to 20 and see if that helps, it all depends on the snow. Don't you have on board air on the wheeler, Just do the outside tires that are easier to air up.

I just got some 235/85/16 BFG KM2's installed on my 94 dodge cummins. They eat snow up, we've been stuck at the bottom of our driveway since the snow started. My old tires got me stuck driving up ever since we got 10"+, with these I can crawl up in 2nd and not slip at all. No road noise over my engine (its a 12v cummins, so who can hear road noise) and they run real smooth and straight, love em.

I have a problem taking to many pics of my truck...lol

dsc00012cw1.jpg

dsc00014hl1.jpg

dsc00011va1.jpg

dsc00005jh4.jpg

dsc00006by6.jpg

dsc00008bu1.jpg

dsc00010th9.jpg