• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Titty Baby

xjcrawler

Started this build in 2010 with a spare TJ frame and Dana 60 axles with plans to swap body and drivetrain over from my TJ

I traded doing paint labor with a shop owner in Gainesville for some shop space and him setting up the rear suspension, and shock mounts

Then with help from a few friends the drive train and body were swapped over

Then a 3 link front and tracbar mount were done with help from 2 other friends

The steering box was moved up and forward for room to pull the axle forward a couple of inches, the winch is offset to make room to fit both between the rails

It then went home for the build finances to grow before going back as a regular customer for the front tube work

The Jeep then went to a different shop where a pair of cousins Marty Gibbs and Matt Lacey tore it back down for all the final fab and welding were completed

They also built the dana 300

Once torn down it came back to me where I did all the final paint work before helping them with all of the final reassembly

It ain't got a cage, cause the biggest ledge that thing is going to see is the speed bump at the mall. flashemifyougotem

I was trying to modify it and hit the wrong button, I'll update it today. I did a job change so it put the financial part on hold. I'm using the stock cage for now so I can at least do a little bit of wheeling but a full cage is the near future.

The name came about from Marty being a smartass and put "titty baby" on a part that he made for the 300 and it just stuck.

Specs are Dana 60's, flipped Dana 300, BTF backhalf kit, Lower links are 2" 7075 with 1.25 heims, Uppers are 2" 6061 with 7/8 heims, stretched to 107ish,Trail Ready wheels, 39.5 Iroks, stock 4.0, ax15 trans, Corbeau seats, RCI fuel cell. I do have a set of 39 Red labels to go on in the future.

xjcrawler said:
I was trying to modify it and hit the wrong button, I'll update it today. I did a job change so it put the financial part on hold. I'm using the stock cage for now so I can at least do a little bit of wheeling but a full cage is the near future.

Makes sense now to see the whole picture. Very cool buildup. Keep us updated.

Some very nice details in the chassis build. I think you would have been better off building the cage with the chassis, finances or not. Just my .02. Still very nice job.

Lil ugly said:
Some very nice details in the chassis build. I think you would have been better off building the cage with the chassis, finances or not. Just my .02. Still very nice job.

I am confused. How do you build a cage when the man said
he did not have the money? :flipgotcha:

If you want to donate I am sure he will love to have a cage.

bjeep said:
I am confused. How do you build a cage when the man said
he did not have the money? :flipgotcha:

If you want to donate I am sure he will love to have a cage.

Where there is a will there is a way. For a cage to be effective it has to be tied to the chassis. He did alot of nice work to the chassis and body that will need to be disrupted in order to tie it in. Bringing the chassis back to the same level of detail he has it at now will likely cost him more in the long run.

Nice clean build, when I see this done to a TJ I really have to fight the urge to cut into mine........lol