• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tom at Monster Tranmissions is a liar

Monster transmission has a TERRIBLE reputation, they are the foa of transmission builders :****: there are many threads on pirate about how shitty they've treated folks

ridefast said:
How about some basic facts instead of the half-story nonsense.

Have the returned your money?

Have they delivered any product?

What steps have you made to get your money back? Have you thanked them for their input and requested your money back?

Are you just butt-hurt because you wanted a "monster tranny" sticker and now you won't get one?

Haha, you just said monster tranny....

Batmobile Will said:
So I can say my experience was very bad and would never recommend them to my worse hatter

:dunno:

Re: Re: Tom at Monster Tranmissions is a liar

gdf said:
You get what you pay for......PTC for anything with transmission's ... PERIOD !
X2. Be hard to find anyone to treat you better or build a better transmission. They build ours in the mud truck and we never have to worry about it. Even took it to them and had it back the same day.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

Beerj said:
One thing I liked about monster is their prices are listed. Being able to see ballpark prices without calling is nice. I honestly have no idea what a mildly built th400 from ptc would cost. But that's neither here nor there.

Never heard a good thing about Monster. You'd be surprised what you can get from PTC $$$ wise. I thought they were very reasonable. I went through Wide Open Design for mine. The problem with a lot of builders is that they just don't get the rockbouncer hardcore trail rider thing. You can't stick a street/strip trans in there and make it live. PTC understands the sport so they know what to build for.

Also heard GREAT things about Jimmy's 4x4 out in Colorado. They're not a tranny shop but they know all the tricks and are happy to build you a trans if you call them up and tell them what you want.

redneckengineered said:
Never heard a good thing about Monster. You'd be surprised what you can get from PTC $$$ wise. I thought they were very reasonable. I went through Wide Open Design for mine. The problem with a lot of builders is that they just don't get the rockbouncer hardcore trail rider thing. You can't stick a street/strip trans in there and make it live. PTC understands the sport so they know what to build for.

Also heard GREAT things about Jimmy's 4x4 out in Colorado. They're not a tranny shop but they know all the tricks and are happy to build you a trans if you call them up and tell them what you want.

Don't they run Hughes Transmissions out of Arizona? They've got a badass TH400, but I still agree with PTC. I have broke every part, EVERY PART, on my buggy except for the PTC TH350. I have nothing for Monster, just bragging on Ed from PTC :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Tom at Monster Tranmissions is a liar

redneckengineered said:

Randy of Jimmy's 4x4 grew up helping his dad with transmissions. His dad is pretty high up in the tech side of gm trans from what randy has personally told me.

Rockwells607 said:
This thread isnt maken me feel warm and fuzzy about the tranny I just bought !
Haha. I bet! Dam that sounded just like a saying my dad uses. Warm and fuzzy.. Haha bet I have heard him say that 100 times..

5BrothersFabrication said:
Awesome! That's funny, now he's got dam hatters too. ****! I personally Didn't make it through that entire LONG ASS sentence. For the love of God.. Use a PERIOD every once in a wile.
Anyways where is this monster transmission located?

Never dealt with Monster, but when I ordered my transmission from PTC I told them what it was going in and all the specs of my buggy so they knew what to build it for.

zukimaster said:
^^^^ Hell, a junkyard transmission will stand behind a Ford powered race car! :-X

That's because even the junkyard ford stuff has more quality left in it than most brands!!

pholmann said:
That's because even the junkyard ford stuff has more quality left in it than most brands!!

I started to post a smartass comment about Ford transmissions and how many we swap out at work, then I realized that we've done more GMs recently. :****:

This sucks to hear and I hope the op gets his denaro back. Good trans guys are hard to come by, I only know of one local that I would let build me one.