• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tom Woods offset u joints??

zukimaster

Hold my beer and watch this!
Anyone ever use one of these? Any good? Trying to get finished up on my build, I have a low pinion GM 60 front, I have a 2 piece front driveshaft, the shaft from t case to carrier bearing is level, then the other shaft is at a downward angle to front end, but the problem I'm going to have is binding with the u joints hitting the yoke when the front drops down, I know can grind some off the yokes, but these offset u joints look like they would help alot also.
Screenshot_20200820-205135.png

I am running one on my front shaft at the transfercase end. I have broken spicer lifetime joints in my axles but never one of these. I do run 1410 driveshafts and I am a pretty conservative driver but with a heavy rig(5500) and 4:1 low/low range of my doubler, it has held up great. I do feel a slight vibration at 60mph on the road but it is hard to say if it is the joint or my homebuilt shafts.

How strong are they?
Not sure on strength compared to a regular 1410 joint but I am running a similar drivetrain as you. TBI350, th350, 203/205, D60/14bolt, 5.38s & 43 stickies.

I ran a front driveshaft 1410 offset Superjoint on my Heart Attack buggy attached to the 14 bolt with my 388ci stroker motor and never had one problem out of it.

I run one, buddy has 2 rigs and all rigs have LP GM 60 with this joint at the front drive shaft t-case end. Broke a lot of stuff but this joint has never been an issue.

I ruined one once. It was my own fault so I put it back together with caps from another joint. It went another 4 years before it became loose and the needle bearings fell out. I called tom woods About the warranty and was honest about how it happened. They did not give me a free joint but they heavily discounted a new joint and had it to me in two days. In a buggy I never noticed a vibration. I would buy another without hesitation.