• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy hauler big enough to haul a buggy?

Chuck19

I'm thinking about selling my motor home and buying a toy hauler to haul my buggy in but it is hard to find one that is rated to carry that much weight and with a garage long and wide enough for this!
Has anyone done this or have any info about it ?
I have thought about doing a gooseneck trailer and a camper on it but I'm not sure I want to do this or how it would handle without the weight of the buggy on the back to offset the weight of the camper when I just want to go camping! :dunno:

Work and play is the only brand I've seen that's wide enough to get a buggy in on tons. I feel your pain, at least you can pull the buggy with the motor home, I have to pull 2 trucks. If you went to a camper on a gooseneck compared to what you have, you would feel like your in a tent!

very interested in this info as well. I did the camper on a GN and loved it. not doing it anymore because I don't want the buggy exposed while going down the road in the winter (tons of salt around here). pulled great without the truggy on it and ran bags on the tow rig. was a 32' GN.

I have a work & play I haul my buggy in. It does have a lot of tongue weight when there's no rig in the back ,but I have some air bags on the truck and it does just fine. We use it about half and half for wheeling and just camping. The 5th wheel work and play would probably be nicer but I bought it used really cheap so I'm not complaining. Usually store my girlfriends 4 door jk on 35s in it during the winter. Just fits two 2 seater rzrs in the back

I have looked at the work and play trailers but the fenders on them look to go all the way to the divider wall in the center so my front tir s would have to set on the fenders when parked and I'm not sure that's a good idea !

I'm not sure how they are now, mine is a 2006 I think. The fenders stop about 5 feet from the interior wall

Check out Sundowner horse trailer builders. They are building nice toy haulers right now. I am having them build one for me. I just have a rzr but some old cars that will fit as well. Totally customizable. They are built way better than rv type haulers. All AL, mine is 40' overall and around 10k lbs. There are used ones floating around. They also offer a version with open deck for large buggys/offroad toys.

Examples

e4020716a19710adab8eea49cbb3840f.jpg
468055118396b53bebc0851ce7b0f821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have looked at them also but can't get the buggy in the back door !
I was told they can make the door bigger by one dealer and they can't by another so I don't know what to beleave at this point .
They are good looking rigs and built very well!

When I was in the market a few years ago, Work and Play was the only RV style toy hauler I could find that would handle a buggy. I ended up having Millennium build an enclosed trailer with living quarters. I upgraded to the widest door opening they had which was 90" if I remember correctly.

Yea some of the other trailer guys are catching on like ATC, but don't have as many options yet. I Figured if I ever had a buggy built I would choose axles/wheels/tires to make it fit in the hauler. Mine has 18' garage so not a whole lot of length, but a small buggy should fit.

I looked a few work and plays, and really liked them but couldn't find one in my price range. So I ended up with my 28ft gn crawler hauler. My camper is 11'6" and has full shower and queen bed,It's a huge upgrade from tent. But if your are coming from a motor home, it will feel small. It's a little more bouncy going down the road without the buggy on the back, but I can deal with it.

I've had 2 fleetwood gearbox toyhaulers. They have a tall rear door due to the fold down beds that can be taken out. Both of mine were 30 ft. They quit building when fleetwood went under. Search for 2003-2006 fleetwood gearbox. I'd recommend a 30 ft at least. I had a triple axle bumper pull and a double axle gooseneck. You will have to take one of the foldout couches off the wall to clear a full width rig but that's not a big deal. Pretty nice deals with fuel stations, air tanks, generators etc... Check for roof rot because they aren't 1 piece roofs. You can find them out there- I think I paid $13000 for the bumper pull and $18000 for gooseneck. Good luck in you search.

Look at millennium trailers. They do some nice trailers for decent money. Plus u can get them any length and are big enough for full width buggies

I've had a 44ft work and play with a 21 ft garage, it worked great.
I've also had a 32ft vintage bumper pull with 16.5ft of garage.
I recently sold the vintage (really like it) to purchase another 44ft work and play with a slide and 18.5ft garage.
I've also had a truck camper on the truck and on a 36ft gooseneck.
The vintage was by far the easiest to pull.

I have a 48ft Vintage outlaw with an extra wide door that I can squeeze my buggy into. I had some drive over ramps made because the buggy is parked on the inner fenders. They are removable if needed. I looked everywhere for a toy hauler but even if it fits they are not made for the weight of a Jeep or 1 ton buggy.

I'm thinking I'm going to have build something like a camper on a gooseneck trailer toy haulers are not going to work to much weight !
I have looked a the work and play trailers and have not been impressed with the interior of them but I have not seen many in person .
I'm trying to contact JBJ conversions about a build out on a car trailer but have not gottn a response yet.